If you read part 2 of this series then you'll recall that I touched on the subject of brainstorming to gather some ideas on what you are knowledgeable about. Our purpose for doing this was to determine what untapped information you could market online. After all, there are millions of searches done online everyday for information. Our next step is too review the process of finding a niche market that is a great fit for your area of knowledge (expertise).
The best way to find out what niches are possibly being neglected that you could market to will require the use of a Keyword Search Tool. There are 2 reasons why this is a critical step:
- No matter how knowledgeable you are on the subject you've chosen, you must first determine if there is actually a market out there. I would recommend that you consider only those keywords or phrases that are searched for a minimum of 30,000 times a month.
- You next want to build a massive list of keywords and phrases that are relevant to your prospective subject (site). The more keywords you can find the more traffic you'll attract to your site. You want words with high demand and low competition.
Once you've built your keyword list you want to spend some time organizing your keywords into related groups. There are 3 reasons for this:
- The Main keyword of each group that you just formed will serve as the title of your very targeted web pages.
- Each group of keywords will serve as a guide to help you develop extremely relevant content for your web pages. This will help you win points with the search engines.
- When you're ready to create your ad campaigns for paid placements with Google, Yahoo, and MSN, you'll be better situated to create ads that will have a greater chance of garnering high click-through-rates which should then translate into higher conversions (sales)
For example, I once created an affiliate ad campaign for a relatively new website (that is no longer in business due to some bad online business practices). It was generating a click through rate of 14%. I was paying $.05/click for the keyword “friends" and it had a conversion of 22%. The payout for each referral was $1.75. So, for every 100 clicks I was paying $5.00 to advertise and I was earning $38.50. This netted me a profit of $33.50. At that time I was generating 250-275 referrals per day for this “niche" site. My typical payday was a minimum of $400.
What investment do you know of that requires only $5 and returns to you $38.50? Certainly nothing at your bank, that's for sure.
Now, I'm not implying that when you use a Keyword Search Tool that you you'll be able to do the same thing, but I'm fairly certain without it you probably won't. Using the right Keyword Search Tool is a must if you want to do an effective job of researching the internet for your niche market and if you're determined to succeed at generating traffic for your niche. Think of it like using a real estate agent to find that perfect 4 bedroom ranch on the 2 acre lot in a neighborhood that is still somewhat undeveloped and has lots of trees. You could do the search yourself, or you can use the knowledge and expertise of this agent to make your search a bit more successful and a bit faster.
I will tell you this - I was absolutely amazed when I used a Keyword Search Tool to help develop one of my websites. Within 3 months I received a page rank of 2 with Google and was listed with all the major search engines. All this without any paid placement advertisements. As I regularly checked my site stats with “Google's Analytics" I learned that my visitors were actually finding my site with the keywords that I had developed with the search tool and they were browsing my site for a good long time. Not only that, but they were bookmarking my site (usually 10%) and returning quite often.
This would not have happened if I had not taken the steps I have described above. There are a number of research tools that you can use. I recommend that you use a combination of them. You can read a bit more about this subject simply by going to the Keyword Research page of my site today.
Now that you know how to go about researching the web for the perfect niche, next time, I will delve into the topic of budgeting for your online business. So stay tuned.
Luis A. Castillo is an accomplished webmaster and affiliate marketer who has been effectively marketing online for over 3 years. To get his popular “Free Website Marketing Tool Kit" you can visit http://www.targeted-traffic-site-builder.com/page29.html
He is also offering a Free Money Making Website with Instant Start-up at http://www.Luis-Castillo-Online.com - You can get lots of great information on every aspect of doing business online at http://www.internet-home-business-builder.com