Most likely you've been told that the key to making serious money online and building a legitimate, profitable business is to have your own products.
Let's look at the greats in the niche of online marketing: John Reese, Mike Filsaime, Jeff Walker, Frank Kern etc.
What do they all have in common?
They ALL produce their own info products.
In fact, I encourage you to find one well known marketer who does NOT have their own product.
If you want success in your niche, if you want to brand your name, if you want to be the go-to-guy (or girl) in that niche - then you'll need your own products.
This article will outline 10 quick ways to come up with ideas for your next info product.
1) Go to graphic design artists websites and look through their portfolio. You'll see all the niche eCovers and minisites they've been creating. This is a great way to spy on what other marketers are doing in their niche markets.
2) Go to your favourite keyword research tool and type in phrases like “tips", “secrets", “how do i", “how to" etc. Look at the results that come up.
3) Go to websites that have a lot of categories, such as EzineArticles.com. Go through those categories and if there's anything that appeals to you, make a note of it. Perhaps you could create an info product in this category.
4) Similar to the above method, go to your local magazine store or Magazines.com and find topics that interest you.
5) Take a look at the best sellers list at Amazon.com These books are obviously in demand.
6) Simply create a product based on your passions and interests, or on topics that you'd like to learn about.
7) Use the power of ‘bullets’. You know, those bullet points you see in salesletters that highlight the features of the product.
8) Look around your immediate environment, I'm sure you can come up with some niche product ideas from that.
9) Go to Clickbank.com, go through the various categories and look at the best selling products. These are products that sell, and sell well.
10) Analyse the trends in the media. The media have a massive influence on our lives. Recently, the media reported that antioxidants had no health benefits at all. This caused massive controversy. If you'd of written a report about the health benefits of antioxidants, you'd of had a massive seller.
A few rules about info product creation before you go.
Focus on quality. Your product must be a quality product. That's the most important thing.
Be market orientated, not product orientated. Many people create products because it's on a topic that interests them, but this doesn't mean the product will be a seller.
Create what already sells. Many believe that they're onto a winner because they've created a product that no one else has ever created a product about. 99% of the time they fail. There's a reason no one else sells that product, because it doesn't sell!
James Penn is an experienced niche marketer who has developed and profitably marketed a library of niche info products and reports. To discover how to create an insane passive income online by creating tiny reports, visit http://www.shortreportprofits.com
James also runs a blog which details his trials and tribulations of being an internet marketer. He posts his tips, tricks, techniques and secrets that will help YOU to make money. Visit his blog at http://www.teenagemarketer.com