"My name is Dalton Russell. Pay strict attention to what I have to say, because I choose my words carefully and I never repeat myself. . . . . . . " are the opening lines from the movie “The Inside Man. " If you are wondering what these lines have to do with this article, I would say, sometimes I really wish Internet Marketers take themselves seriously and more importantly start looking at their PPC Campaigns with more attention and care.
Buying ebooks, joining coaching programs, seeking endless advise from fellow Internet Marketers in forums are only a part of the learning curve and do not reach you anywhere near your goals- that is to consistently start making profits.
There are some fatal mistakes that PPC Campaigners make that end up burning holes in the pockets. Later they lose hope and faith in the system and start blaming the stiff competition for their failures. Excuses, excuses, excuses. . . . . . . . . .
Successful Pay Per Click Marketers are not only successful in their niche but they also quickly conquer other niches with ridiculous ease. Think about it, it is not that difficult, once you have figured it out, it is not that difficult to look at other niches.
So start paying close attention to the mistakes that you have to avoid.
1. Use Targeted Keywords: Say you are a dog trainer in Florida, don't buy keywords for “dog trainer" and for “Florida". Bid the keyword, ‘Florida Dog Trainer’ If you start making money on this keyword then you can start exploring other keywords.
2. Bid on Buying keywords: Always bid on keywords like Buy, Purchase, Deals if it fits your product. Other examples of buying keywords would be very specific models.
Who do you think would be close to the buying cycle?
- Back Massager?
- HoMedics Therapist Select Shiatsu Back Massager
Of course the third one because the searcher knows exactly what he or she is looking for.
3. Create lots of ad groups- Create an ad group for each keyword. For example, if you are interested in Dog Obedience market, create separate ad groups for ‘Dog Obedience Training’ ‘Dog Obedience Training Books’ and ‘Dog Training Obedience’. Don't be lazy and mix these two keywords in one ad group.
4. Split Testing- Always have atleast two ads running for the same keyword and rotate these ads evenly. You always have to split test your ads or else you are losing money. The aim of split testing is simple. To know which among the two ads gets a better CTR and conversion rate and then develop a new ad that outperforms the current winner.
5. Use Global Negatives- Not using Global Negatives? You are doomed if you are not using global negatives especially when your campaigns have a lot of broad matching keywords. For example, if you are bidding for ‘Golf clubs’ your ad would appear for ‘Golf caps’ ‘Golf bags’ ‘Golf carts’ ‘Dating Clubs’ ‘Yoga clubs’ etc. Moreover without using Global Negatives like ‘Free’ or ‘torrents’ you are bound to get a lot of clicks from free shoppers.
Know that these are just a very few tips among the very many others that should be followed in your PPC Campaigns. There are a number of AdWords guides currently available but honestly, most of them are total crap.
If you are interested in mastering AdWords and increase your profits from your Pay Per Click Campaigns, visit my website below. In my website, I have reviewed the Top 5 AdWords Guide and it can easily save you a lot of money and time from purchasing junk products.
Sri is an independent reviewer of the Top Internet Marketing Programs. For a comprehensive review of the Top 5 AdWords Guide, visit my website at AdWords Expertz Review