If you have bought or received ‘free’ one of the many ready-made Adsense sites on the market, you may have landed up with a clone of thousands of others. The drawbacks of these low quality sites are numerous:
- search engines will spot that your site contains duplicate content, and your indexing and page rank will suffer
- readers will detect a ‘canned’ tone to the copy and will not stay on the page
- the originator may have left links to their own sites or - worse still - their own affiliate programs in the HTML, hoping you will not spot it. Then all your hard work in promoting your site will be helping someone else make money!
- your content is unlikely to be optimized for the right keywords to attract high paying adsense ads
If you want a ready-made site or a reliable guide to set up an Adsense site, do not despair. There are quality tools and techniques available and it is
best to stick with the reputable suppliers. Joel Comm wrote the best-selling ‘Adsense Secrets’ and is about to release the next set of adsense
templates designed to help you succeed, I highly recommend both his products. Whichever type of Adsense site templates you have, you will want to promote your site to make money. Here are some quick-fix website promotion
tips to get you started:
- Choose a subject topic for your site that interests you. It is hard to sound enthusiastic about a subject that you find boring.
- Spend some time understanding your chosen niche and the language used by the people involved
- Rewrite any Private Label Rights Articles that you plan to use. Or, better still, write original material yourself
- Check through your web pages for any hidden traps such as other people's affiliate links
- Submit your articles to various article directories in your niche
- Set up a blog where you can post ‘teaser’ items linking back to your website
Remember the Bloggers’ motto - “Blog Early, Blog Often". Use the ping and directory services - this takes a while to set up at first, but it will produce results
- Add the RSS feed of your blog to myMSN, my Google and my Yahoo to attract the Search Engine spiders to visit your site
- Look for quality links for your website and blog - but avoid link farms and Free For All sites
- Join forums or discussion groups relating to your market. Be responsible in your use of forums. Other users and moderators will react badly to thinly-veiled advertisements with no substance
- If you can afford it, buy PPC ads such as Adwords or Overture or other cheaper PPC advertising to attract instant traffic to your site
- Use the new Social Bookmarking sites to highlight your articles or web pages
- Keep reviewing and updating your web pages so that the search engines spiders find new food at your site
Joel Comm is producing the next version of Adsense Templates to address many of the tasks listed above. You can join the pre-launch notification list at my website.
Adrienne Davis runs Adsense Tips and has extensive experience in marketing, business start up and promotion. She publishes a regular FREE Ezine – sign up free at the website. See which ideas work and avoid Internet scams. Do not miss Kevin the Collie's Dog Life Blog .