So, you have your opt-in list and it’s growing slowly but surely, but you want more. You want a huge list that you can actually earn some cash from. Here’s how to bump up your existing methods so the email addresses will start pouring in!
- Sweeten the deal. You probably already have a newsletter on your website and it probably draws in some good emails. You can easily double those numbers by offering a free gift when they sign up for your email. A report or e-book on a topic that appeals to your visitors is a good option since you don’t have to physically send anything.
- Offer lots of free stuff. Consider putting a “Freebies” page on your site and offer assorted items for free there, including e-coupons, reports, e-books, etc. For each item, the person must enter his email address. Or you could just make the page a Members Only page so they sign up once to get in.
- Start a Membership site. By offering free membership, you require everyone who wants to see your site to leave their contact info. The downside to this technique is that those who don’t like to fill out forms won’t bother trying to enter, so you will lose some visitors.
- Let them air their woes. Setting up a bulletin board on your website is the perfect way to capture emails. In order to post, the users must register. Most people want so desperately to give their opinion that they will happily give up their email address. Try putting forth some controversial topics that relate to your site content to get people signing up like mad.
- Give away knowledge. Write your own e-course in your area of expertise and offer it on your site. Make it free and watch the addresses roll in! If you can’t write, consider hiring someone else to do it for you.
- Go offline. If you have a physical product to sell like pots, toys or hardcover books, you will constantly be interacting with people in the real world. Include a free online registration URL and offer them a free gift for signing up. Or just ask for their email address when they order in person or on the phone. When on the phone, you can say that it’s to confirm their order, they will receive a confirmation of sale email in 24 hours.
By following these guidelines, you will see an increase in the number of email addresses that you receive. Which means you can sell to more people!
Genesis Davies is a Canadian freelance writer living in Guatemala. Check out her website, OptInIncome.com for more ideas.