Although many Internet marketers spend thousands of dollars on Internet marketing resources before turning a profit, it is certainly not the only way to succeed, and in many cases, not the best way. Here are three levels of investment that will allow your business to fund itself.
Level one-blogs and articles. This is a great way to begin your Internet marketing career. It doesn’t cost you a cent to write articles, or to create your own blog. Here’s the simple way to profit from blogs and articles.
1. Write quality articles related to your topic and submit them to the top twenty article directories, as well as the top twenty ezine article directories. Be sure to follow the submission guidelines of each directory. Add a resource box to the end of each article (see the resource box at the end of this article for an example) that takes readers to your blog.
2. Create quality content for your blog that keeps visitors coming back again and again. Sprinkle in affiliate links to websites of products that you recommend. Create a “recommended links” heading at the side of your blog, and add four to seven links to product websites.
Level two-your own website and ezine. Now that you’re pulling in a decent income from articles and blogs, you can re-invest some of that money into a website and your own newsletter. This will likely be somewhere in the $200-300 range.
Now whenever you write an article, you can link to your website, and/or add a link to your ezine sign-up e-mail address. You can even create your own information product at this stage. It’s time to start having some fun! You can also try leveraging your ezine and website capability by starting a viral marketing campaign that starts generating visitors and ultimately more and more sales.
Level three-expanding your marketing efforts. At this point, maybe you’ve earned a few thousand dollars or more online, and you’re willing to shell out some more cash. Keep your eyes open for more lucrative means of earning money online, and re-invest half of your profits as you go. Perhaps you’d like to start your own Google Adwords campaign, or purchase a more expensive marketing product.
Let me also add a few points that should help you on your way. They will help you to avoid many of the mistakes made by most Internet marketers.
1. Do one thing and do it well. Don’t let anything steal your focus. It’s easy to be enticed by the hundreds of marketing products out there. Determine to set measurable goals and not do anything that prevents you from reaching them.
2. Research your niche. Spend time getting to know people on Internet marketing forums, and soaking up knowledge like a sponge. This kind of information is not only free, but it’s priceless! Can you really assign a value to discovering what mistakes others have made, so that you are able to do what works, and nothing else?
3. Brand yourself. Write articles like crazy. Create informative special reports that are lead-ins to products you are selling or planning to earn commission from. Establish yourself as an authority on a subject. Get your name into the mainstream as quickly as possible, and on as grand a scale as possible.
You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars before becoming successful in Internet marketing. Take full advantage of the free resources available on the Web, and you should find yourself proving the adage “It takes money to make money” false before you know it!
**Attn Ezine editors/Site owners** Feel free to reprint this article in its entirety in your ezine or on your site so long as you leave all links in place, do not modify the content and include our resource box as listed below. Feel free to substitute your referral link in place of ours in the resource box. Thanks!
Wanna learn how to generate thousands of highly targeted visitors, absolutely free? => http://www.iwantchoices.com