If you want to use a telemarketing campaign to sell your Internet Marketing services to local businesses, there are 5 steps you need to take to insure that it be a successful venture. Telemarketing is one of the most low-cost marketing campaigns that any business can run. It is also a very fast way to get business, especially from local businesses since you are right there in town and can make a face-to-face appointment to close a deal. Here are five easy steps you can take to ensure that your telemarketing campaign is successful.
1. ) Decide if you will be doing the cold calling yourself, or hiring someone else to do it for you. For the sake of automation systems, I recommend outsourcing this task. You can hire a telemarketer to work from home. Just put out an ad on Craigslist for a telemarketer who wants to work from home.
2. ) Write your script. Remember that to warm a client, using a two-step marketing approach is best. So make sure that your telemarketing campaign is not designed to ‘close’ the deal, but rather to just, get an appointment. This can be a very simple process of simply asking the business owner if they have a website and if they are getting any sales from it.
Whether they say yes or now, your next question would be, “may I ask if you know where you show up in the Search Engine rankings for your keywords?" If they don't’ understand this question, then you know they are not web marketing oriented and you can impress them very easily with your knowledge once you get the appointment. Finally, you want to offer them something for free, such as an autoresponder, to get that appointment with them.
3. ) Getting the list of phone numbers. You can populate this list yourself simply by using your yellow pages. Or you can buy a targeted list from a list broker. If you have a list broker in your area, I would suggest getting a quote. They would have a much more comprehensive list that can be targeted. You want mom and pop businesses, not chains, so you don't want to waste any time in having to weed out the corporations and franchises out of the yellow pages.
4. ) Be sure to follow up on every phone call. A second phone call and a direct mail campaign can truly be a winning marketing combination. The more contact you have the better your chances of getting the client.
5. ) Be sure to thank them for their time on the phone, both during the call and in your follow-up messages. Regardless of the outcome of the call, you want them to know that you appreciate that they took it and that you would be happy to be working with them.
Following these 5 simple steps can easily parlay an automated guerilla marketing campaign into. If you are serious about getting your business off the ground, you need to institute a strong guerilla marketing program using the various guerilla marketing tactics in conjunction with telemarketing. Guerilla marketing tactics are a proven marketing model and can be extremely lucrative to your business.
-Author, “Guerilla Marketing Secrets of Selling Internet Marketing Services To Local Offline Businesses"