The title of your eBook is just as important as a headline for a sales letter. It must grab the attention and curiosity of the reader in order for them to want to find out more. Many people write an eBook and then wonder why it does not sell very well. One look at their title is usually all it takes for someone to see that it must be changed.
Do not spend weeks or months preparing your eBook to sell, only to fall down on the job when it comes to choosing a title. Here are 5 tips on writing a great title for your eBook.
- Begin making a list of titles while you are still writing your eBook. If you have finished writing, just begin writing down titles that come to mind.
- Now, look at the titles you have written, and see if they show a benefit to the reader.
For example, if you have written an eBook about home gardening, a benefit might be that the reader will be able to have a beautiful garden without hiring a gardener or spending very much money. A good title might be How To Design Your Own Award Winning Garden For Just Pennies A Day. This tells the reader what to expect from reading this information and how it will benefit them.
- Be sure to include a sub-title that adds even more curiosity to your writing. For our example above, something like Learn The Tricks Professionals Use To Make Your Garden Beautiful will make even more people want to find out more.
- Ask your prospects and friends what they want most from your information. People will tell you exactly what they are looking for if you simply ask them.
- Narrow your titles down to two or three and then ask these same people to vote on their favorite one.
You will sell more eBooks with a powerful title. Make your title jump out at your prospects with a benefit to them they will not be able to refuse.
And now I invite you to join me for free weekly teleseminars that will teach you how to write, market, and sell your articles and ebook to increase your visibility, credibility and passive income by visiting http://www.EbookWritingandMarketingSecrets.com