1. Submit your blog to all of the directories listed on http://pingomatic.com/. Pingomatic will ping 15 services all at once.
2. Ping your blog after every post at http://pingomatic.com/
3. Here's a real gem: Submit your blog to http://www.pingoat.com/ Pingoat will ping over fifty blog ping services all at once. So you don't have to hunt for ping services and manually ping them. Pingoat pings over fifty blog ping servers (growing) with just one click.
4. Ping your blog after every post at Pingoat at http://www.pingoat.com/
5. Sign up for a free account at BlogExplosion.com and register your blog there: http://www.blogexplosion.com/
6. Submit your blog to all of the directores listed at http://www.rss-feeds-directory.com/blog_lists.html
7. Sign up for a “My Yahoo" at http://my. yahoo.com/ and attach your blog to your own “My Yahoo" account. This will get your blog included in Yahoo very quickly. This is worth the effort to stop what you're doing right and do it, since Yahoo has a PR 9.
8. Use this code: “http://add. my. yahoo.com/content?url= http://www.yourblog.com/urblog. xml" in your blog to allow others to put your feed on their own “My Yahoo" account.
9. Sign up for a “My MSN" at http://www.my. msn.com/, and attach your blog to your own “My MSN" account. This will get your blog included in MSN very quickly. This is also invaluable because MSN has a PR 8.
10. Use this code: “http://my. msn.com/addtomymsn. armx?id= rss&ut=http://www.urblogfeedaddress.com/urblog. xml" in your blog to allow others to put your feed on their own “My MSN" account.
11. Place the link and description of your blog in your signature, so that any posts to Forums, Outgoing Emails, Autoresponder Courses, etc, will promote your blog.
12. Post a link and description of your blog on each of your sites.
13. Place your blog on all the major search engines. AddMe.com will submit your blog free to the top 14 Search engines here:
SubmitExpress.com will submit your blog free to the top 20 Search engines here:
14. Use Article Directories as a resource for articles to post on your blog. Here are a few:
15. Locate blogs with a lot of traffic and place useful comments in their comment box. Be sure the blog and your comments are relavent to both your blog and theirs. Senseless posts won't help you, they'll hurt you.
16. Once you get around 5 to 10 posts on your blog, start a PR campaign and announce it to all relevant channels.
17. Make a blog post as often as possible. More than once a day is not really necessary. Remember, if you can't write that much, go to step # 14.
Greg White, Internet Marketer, Author, Consultant and Project Manager has been running successful web projects since 2001. His sites and blogs cover Blog Marketing Tactics, Internet Marketing Tactics and a variety of ‘Niche’ topics, in addition to starting and marketing profitable web project.