Ever tell something to Aunt Mabel? She's the one who, no matter what you tell her, everyone else knows about it before you've had time to get home. She's like the main entrance to the universal grapevine.
That's what a Blog is like (except a Blog is intentional and desired).
Blog is short for Weblog. Say you're going on a trip to New Zealand and normally you'd keep a journal to record the day's events. But Aunt Mabel isn't coming with you, so how can you quickly and easily keep everyone in the loop?
Simple. Use a Blog. How does it work?
* You go to your website (or some other website that's equipped for generating a Blog).
* You set up a new Blog (e. g. , “My Trip To New Zealand").
* You create a new entry (e. g. , “Day 1 - Heading to the Airport") and type whatever you want into a webpage form. This is your chance to philosophize, or rant or rave, or just give the facts. Whatever you want.
* When you're done your entry, you submit the form and instantly your Blog entry is on the Internet where anyone who knows where it is can read it.
* Then the next day, or whenever you want, you create another entry, and another, and another. They just line up one after the other, with the most recent entry at the top (just like Aunt Mabel who always has the most recent news on the tip of her tongue).
So a Blog is a quick and easy way to get your info out to everyone.
And that's why a Blog is like Aunt Mabel.
For a quick and easy way to get set up with a Blog of your own, go to: http://www.blogger.com (FREE online Blog service)
Copyright (c) Grant Pasay 2005. All rights reserved. You may forward this article in its entirety (including author bio/links) to anyone you wish.
Grant Pasay is a professional website copywriter, advertising copywriter, and SEO copywriter serving clients in Vancouver, BC and everywhere. Grant is also the author of the FREE e-book, “The Internet Is Like A Refrigerator. "
For copy that captures your business message without any of the hassle, go to http://grantpasay.com/
Check out Grant's FREE e-book at http://grantpasay.com/refrigerator/