Not getting enough traffic to your blog? Tips to help you out. . .
Just some helpful tips for writing blog worthy content.
1. Write about what you know and enjoy. Readers can read between the line and figure out if you are writing just to be writing or if you have a passion for what you do.
2. Post to your blog often. You can start out slow by just posting once or twice a week, but you can add what I call stickiness if you provide more up to date info. Blog readers thrive on straight forward information, not fluff. Try to write as if you are reading it. If you want readers to return to your site you have to give them a reason to come back.
3. Make the content useful. Give personal insights about your postings. If you are blogging about a particular news event, product or trend, make sure to add your personal insight to give the reader something extra that adds substance. Don't just regurgitate info that they can get that from anywhere.
4. Stick to the script. If your blog is about remote control cars, try not to go too far off subject and talk about politics. Write articles that tie into your blog theme. I know this sounds obvious but it is easy to get blog happy just to add content.
5. Have fun. Make sure you don't burn yourself out by posting more than you can handle. If you follow some of these tips, hopefully your blogging will be more of a hobby that pays you and if you are consistent it can pay well.
Blog promotion tips: If you want to make money with your blog you are going to have to get a lot of traffic to your site. The first thing you want to do is submit your blog to major search engines. You can do that for free at: Submit Express - http://www.submitexpress.com
Here is a list of a ton of other places you can submit your site: Places to submit blog - http://www.masternewmedia.org/rss/top55/
The more links you have pointing to your site, the better your search engine ranking will be.
One of the best ways to promote your blog is to exchange links with another popular website. Offer them a link back to their site or offer something in return for them placing your link on their page. For example: I offer web design services as well as a link on my site in return for a link on a very popular website.
Kent Hamilton - founder of MoneyGenius.net teaches you how to get started making money online for Free. Read more on his blog for other helpful tips and strategies.