Everyone wants a huge affiliate check. All the advertisements promise them, but if you just buy into the affiliate program and expect large affiliate checks to come, you will be sorely disappointed. Even if you have built downline in your affiliate program, your checks will not often be very large. The goal, after all, is to make money - and lots of it!
Try these 7 sure-fire ways to build those large affiliate checks that you have only dreamed of in the past.
* Optimizing Your Website For The Search Engines
If you want people to locate your website, it had better come up on the first page of results from the major search engines. People rarely move on to the second or subsequent pages of the search engine results. Search engine optimization is an art, and the rules used by the search engines change over time.
If you want to research how to optimize your website for the search engines, you can do some online research and learn the process. Or you can save tons of time and hire someone who is skilled at the art already. Remember; if people can't locate you, they can't buy from you.
* Product Review Pages
Your website should contain reviews of the product you are selling. People need to know why they should buy this specific product. They need to be compelled to want to own it. They need to be assured that they simply can't live a happy life without your product. Make every webpage compelling and a call to action to buy, buy, buy - but do it subtly. Don't just tell the reader to buy. Make them want to buy by giving them reasons they have to have this product today.
* Make Statistics Your Friend
On average, 1% of the people who visit an affiliate marketing websites will buy immediately. The other 99% will move along and never return. To make this statistic your friend, you have to obtain targeted hits to your website. Once way to do this is to get the visitor's name and email addresses before they leave by placing an offer for something free on your webpage. Then follow up. Often, by the seventh time you contact that prospect, they will decide to buy.
* Learn From The Pros
There are thousands of wonderful articles on the Internet explaining affiliate marketing tips and tricks. There are hundreds of books in libraries on the same subject. Don't stop at this report; learn every thing that you can that has worked for someone in the past. Then take every one of the points that apply to you and implement them. The more tactics you implement, the more traffic you will obtain and the more sales you will close.
* Continual Updates
Update your web pages often. If a prospect has visited your page a month ago, they will move away if they see exactly the same thing on your web page this month. Make the appearance and content fresh and new. While you continue your follow up with prospects, the ones who do go make a re-visit to your site may see just the thing that attracts them this time.
Web pages are simple to create and the little time required to ensure freshness is minimal. Information on learning to create effective web pages is all over the Internet; take the time to learn. If you use any time sensitive data on your web pages, but certain that the updates occur as frequently as necessary.
* Sweeten The Deal
There is not a person on earth that doesn't want something for free. You do, I do, and everyone we know does, too. Offer the prospect visiting your web pages something for free. It can be an ebook you wrote yourself or purchased for redistribution, a report, a bundled product. Whatever it is, sweeten the deal to get the sale.
If the prospect has gotten far enough to learn the price of your product, then make sure they also see right then that something else is added to the package. The more you sweeten the deal, the better. Give them reports, ebooks, tutorials, anything that will go well with your product and make the buyer feel they are getting a lot of value for their money.
* Don't Over or Under Price Yourself
If your product is one that you have price control over, then remember, it is far, far better to get more sales than fewer. So don't price your products so high that most people will pass. However, the mentality of the buyer is that if it is too inexpensive to be real, then it must not be any good.
A mid-range price for a product will outsell either higher priced items or lower priced ones. This may not be true in face-to-face sales, but it certainly is proven in Internet sales.
This article was authored by Jason Gazaway. This 22 year old, ‘regular’ college kid was able to quit his 7-4 “job" because of his affiliate marketing business. He now wants to help others and show you how he did it!
For more FREE information, please go to: Affiliate Students