The Internet is an immense and rapidly growing market place for affiliate marketers who think like entrepreneurs. Right now is the first time in history that anyone and everyone can grab the opportunity to make a real full-time income working from home using just our computers (and a little brain power). Whilst many would have you believe that all you need to do is switch on your computer, push a few buttons and watch the money roll in, in fact you DO need to work at this; nothing of any real consequence ever comes to those that think they can just sit around waiting for riches to arrive.
One thing is undeniably true: if you want to something to succeed strongly enough and you are prepared to keep working at it until it does, it will happen.
And with the power of the internet, especially for the delivery of digital products, you can build an international, even global business from the comfort of your home office.
Those who have gone before you will tell you that the most profitable way is to choose a specific area of the market that is of interest to you. This is what they call a niche market, which means it is clearly defined and fairly tightly focused. The people at whom you are aiming your sales message are already interested in products and services in this market area. This will inevitably create the best result for you and increase your chances of selling your ideas.
As an example of what I do to get my business working, just follow these steps:
1. Using the power of the internet, the simplest digital product for anyone to source, produce and deliver is an e-book.
2. You can either write your own e-book around the niche area you have chosen or decide to market someone else's e-book that will pay you a commission.
3. We'll use a set of Premium Career Guides e-book as an example. You can look no further and market this if you wish but whatever you choose to do, here is how you get started:
4. Assuming you decide to market the Premium Career Guides you would make $9.57 for every sale. What you need to do is visit Clickbank and search for the available products under Careers.
5. If you are already a Clickbank affiliate you just click on the link that says ‘create hoplink’ but if you are not you can join free.
6. Clickbank will create an affiliate link code for the product you wish to promote and make money from.
7. You can now add this link to your website and drive traffic to it. You get 65% commission amounting to $9.57 paid by Clickbank for every sale.
8. Even better you can set up a Google AdWords account (If you do not have one it's easy to get one just sign up free and there are no charges incurred until you start marketing) and drive even more visitors.
9. You then set up your Google AdWords campaign for Premium Career Guides and choose your AdWords
10. In the link area for your AdWords Ad use you the hoplink code that Clickbank created for you as in the example above.
11. AdWords works by charging you a fee when someone clicks on your advert. So it may cost you anywhere between 10 cents and 35 cents per click to get people to visit your chosen link but as your affiliate payout is $9.57 you can afford to send as many as 95 potential customers to your link per sale and still break even.
12. At 10c per click, if more than one sale is made in 95 visits, you make a profit. Statistically the average conversion rate is 2 - 3% potentially giving you 2 - 3 sales from these visitors.
13. AdWords pre-qualifies the people who are looking for just what you have to sell so each visitor to your link is a potential customer who is ready to buy. Your job is to have the appropriate product available for them to purchase.
Peter Fisher is an expert Author and Webmaster for http://www.themoneyworldonline.com If you don't know enough about how to get the best from AdWords, you must read these free AdWords e-books which explain everything you need to know.