The growth of blogs and blogging in the last 5 years has been phenomenal. Most of this growth can be attributed to the desire of many people to make money and start a home business. Some, indeed most, fail. Some succeed spectacularly. Here are the 5 keys to succeeding in making money with a blog.
There are many ways to make money with a blog.
1. The first and simplest way is to sell advertising. This can be done on a geographic basis or on an industry/niche basis. For example if your blog is location/geography specific you may approach local or national companies only and offer them advertising slots on your blog for a fixed monthly payment.
To succeed at this you need to be able to show some reasonable traffic figures to potential advertisers and you will get top dollar if you can show that your blog is visited by the specific socio economic target market that your potential advertiser wishes to reach. Then the simplest thing to administer the account and get paid is to do a deal for a flat monthly payment which you will set up a direct debit or standing order for.
2. AdSense is one of the simplest and easiest ways to generate income on a new blog. The drawbacks? There is not great money in it and it depends on the market that your blog caters for as to the value of the clicks that you get paid for. The advantage is that it is easy to set up; you just paste a piece of code in the page of your site that you are happy to advertise on and Google will do the rest by generating contextual based advertising based on the content of your site and each individual page.
3. Another very popular way to make money with a blog is to sell affiliate products. You sign up with an affiliate provider such as Commission Junction or Clickbank and choose which products you wish to promote on your site. The key to affiliate sales is to firstly build a list of subscribers who are prepared to trust you and place their faith in you that you will not try to sell them rubbish. This trust building takes time and integrity which is in fairly short supply in internet marketing.
4. Sell your own products, whether physical products or downloadable information products such as short reports or ebooks. In this situation you will maximise your profits if the products are your own and not affiliate products and the great thing is that you can now use your own affiliates to promote your product. Once you list your product on Clickbank other affiliates, always on the lookout for hot new products, will start to promote yours and the viral nature of this system can drive enormous sales. . . if your product is good and sells.
5. Flipping or selling your blog. Essentially you set up a blog or multiple blogs and then drive as much traffic as possible to it through SEO and paid traffic. You can then advertise and sell your blog which will have some traffic statistics to boast of and it may be the perfect target market for your potential buyer.
These are just 5 common methods of how to make money with a blog. Unfortunately the statistics are loaded against you as it is estimated that 3% of people succeed in making money blogging.
But you can be included in that 3% if you work hard, work smart and work to a system without distractions.