Finding a job that can be done from confines of your home is a dream come true, no getting ready in mad rush, no leaving tasks done half because you need going out and no traveling for quite some time to get to the workplace and no office politics. Freelancing therefore is ideal for all those people who can do better by staying at home rather than by working outside.
Finding your first freelancing job can be tedious, there are so many newcomers contesting with each other for getting a single project that it is normal for newcomers to get disheartened.
Following are some tips that could help you find a project for yourself:
1) Make sure you have read all the project requirements carefully before making a bid.
2) If you want to attract potential buyers make sure you bid lower (lot lower) than the top providers demand, if someone wants to take work from a certified professional they would be attracted to the top guy, if they want to save money they may be willing to try you out.
3) As a freelancer you should commit only what you can complete, this is most important because you need respecting the next person's time and urgency of requirement for getting job done.
4) People often hire new people because some of them are actually talented and they can provide better work at lesser prices, therefore, to be hired you need showcasing your abilities.
5) Make sure you come across as a sincere bidder (you should be sincere towards your work too), for this you should bid on maximum numbers of projects in your category of experience.
6) At beginning you need hanging in there, until you start getting enquiries from prospective buyers, you should be ready to create a sample or two for the satisfaction of the buyer, however, this does not mean you will get project immediately, however, it does bring up your confidence.
7) You should check credentials of the buyer too; make sure the person will pay you for work done.
8) You may be an expert in your field, but for initial requirement, you should be willing to work at lower rates than the current market rates, this sometimes becomes necessary if you want to establish yourself as a freelance writer.
9) Most importantly your attitude towards work should be happy and welcoming; you will automatically attract people towards you.
10) Your attitude towards buyers should be that of respect and cordial, communication should be prompt and easy; you should be available for special chat sessions if you have decided any.
11) Lastly but importantly, deliver what you promise, this will ensure your position as a good and dependable freelancer.
Enjoy freelancing and making money from home!