1. By doing research and finding out what other people have done that has been successful, it gives you an idea of what works. Sometimes you can find a title that has been successful and then just plug in different words using the same structure.
2. You can also look at how other people have organized their ebooks and see if it makes sense for you to organize your ebook the same way. Or, by seeing what other’s have done, it can sometimes show you what won’t work for your ebook. That way you don’t waste time doing something that won’t work for you.
3. By seeing what other people are doing, it also shows you what hasn’t been done yet. Sometimes just by giving the subject a twist, it can give your ebook an entirely new perspective with just a small change in direction from what’s already out there.
4. You can model the format of another ebook as well. If you like the layout including the spacing, the font sizes and colors used, for example, use the same ones. Your ebook is on a different subject and formats can’t be copyrighted. So if you like something you see, it’s perfectly acceptable to use the same format.
5. By modeling another ebook, sometimes you can improve on an idea that has already been done. Again, that way you don’t have to start from scratch but you can take off from what has already been done and then add something more to it to make it uniquely yours.
There are many ways to write an ebook but modeling is one of the quickest ways to write a successful ebook!
Visit http://www.theebookcoach.com for more tips and tools on ebook writing and marketing. You can also subscribe to 9 Free Secret eBook Tips To Making Money Online and The eBook Profit Secrets Newsletter ($147) at: http://www.theebookcoach.com for insightful articles, technical tips, q & a's and more! You are also invited to visit http://www.quickstartebooks.com for more information the Quick Start 3-Day eBook Authoring Home-Study Course that is turning frustrated writers into bona fide authors in 72 hours or less!
Ellen Violette, The eBook Coach, is the creator of the Quick-Start 3-Day eBook Authoring Workshop which teaches people how to author an ebook in 72 hours or less. . Guaranteed! She is also the creator of eBook Profit Marketing Secrets a step-by-step guide to building a profitable ebook and information business online and co-author of Sell More eBooks, Low And No-Cost Tactics To Explode Your eBook Sales And Downloads with Internet Expert Jim Edwards. Ellen has also written The eBook Journal For Authoring Success and more. And, she is a Grammy-nominated songwriter.