With so many paid survey scams those days, and so many websites promoting those scams, often it is difficult to determine which is real and which is the ugly, especially for survey newcomers. However, there are ways you can identify them and avoid them:
1. Please remember: Never pay anyone to do paid surveys and get paid. Legitimate paid survey sites are always FREE to join and cost absolutely Nothing to take surveys and get paid. If anyone ask you to pay or provide credit card information, walk away!
2. The most common scam sites work like this: They claim they are paid survey sites and ask you to sign up and provide your personal information. They then turn around sell your information. Often those sites are overly simplified, no company information etc, all they ask is your name and email address, and you won't know what's going on until you register. If you see a site like this, walk away.
4. Please be aware the difference between paid surveys sites and get paid sign up offer sites. The later sometimes say they are survey sites, in fact they are not. They are the sites you get paid for signing up free or trial offers, and sometimes you need to provide credit card information to sign up non-free trials or offers.
5. Stay away from the websites promoting known scam “survey" sites - usually those sites promise you make thousands of dollars doing paid surveys, and lot of them claim that they have a list of 300+ or 400+ paid survey sites. ( The truth is there are NOT hundreds of sites that pay! Over the course of 3 years, there are only around 70 survey sites have paid me or at least sent me a survey!) - They are just promoting anything they can find for commission, and they can NOT be trusted.
6. Trust your instinct - sometimes you just have a gut feeling about a scam site just by it's look and feel. In this case, you are probably right, trust yourself and walk away.
7. You can always do your research for a certain survey site. Fox example, type “A survey site" in Google, you might find “A survey site is a scam!" listed among the top search results!
8. Finally, remember NEVER provide sensitive personal information to anyone, never give out your social security number, driver's license numbers, credit card, bank account information to anyone. I have never has a survey site requires me to provide these information to get paid.
Copyright 2007 Mei Lynn
About the Author:
Mei Lynn is the website owner of www.mysurvey123.com - The most comprehensive and informative site about paid online surveys, where she provides the Best FREE paid survey lists, paid survey guides and honest paid survey reviews.