One of the best ways to monetize your website is through Google Adsense. Many webmasters struggle to earn some good money through their website while others are earning hundreds of dollars a day just by having Adsense ads on their sites. However, just placing the ads on your site isn’t quite enough to earn hundreds of dollars a day, you need to think outside the box and fully optimize your website to earn a good income with your Adsense ads.
Those who are experienced in earning a good income using Adsense quite often give out some useful tips to help those up and coming Adsense income earners. It is amazing how following these tips can increase your income significantly.
Here are 5 proven ways on how best to improve your Adsense earnings.
1. Using the format of Adsense ad that has proven to work well for the majority of people. The one ad that has shown to perform the best is the Large Rectangle (336X280). The large rectangle has the tendency to result in higher CTR, or the click-through rates. Why choose this format out of the many you can use? Basically because the ads will look like normal web links, and people, being used to clicking on them, click these types of links. They may or may not know they are clicking on your Adsense but as long as there are clicks, then it will all be for your advantage.
2. Choose the color of your ads carefully. Set the background of your ad to blend with the background color of your site. Also set your ad border colour to the same as the background color, this way the border won’t show which makes the ad blend better to your site content. Choose the title color the same color as the headings on your website. Doing these three things will make your Adsense ads blend into your site and appear more like part of your content and own links rather than obvious ads. This will result in more clicks from your visitors.
3. Try to have as much Adsense as you can near the top of your page without overdoing it. More people will see the top of your page than the bottom of your page, as not everyone stays at a site long enough to scroll to the bottom. This will make an amazing difference to your Adsense income just by moving your ads from the bottom of your page to the top. Also having some ads near the navigation bar is a great idea as the navigation bar is one part of the page that almost always gets looked at.
4. Use relative keywords throughout the content of your website. Optimize your site well so that it will be favoured by the search engines and get a good page ranking. The higher your page ranking the more visitors you will receive to your website.
5. Drive a ton of traffic to your website. Do your homework on the different ways to drive traffic to your site and use all of them. If you want to earn a decent income with Adsense then you need to get heaps of traffic coming through your website daily. The more visitors you get, the more clicks you get and ultimately the more money you will make.
These are some of the tips that have worked well for some who want to generate hundreds and even thousands on their websites. It is important to know though that ads are displayed because it fits the interest of the people viewing them. So focusing on a specific topic should be your primary purpose because the displays will be especially targeted on a topic that persons will be viewing already.
These tips are given by webmasters that have very successfully earned a good income using Adsense. If these tips can work wonders for those people then they are bound to help you out with your Adsense income too. Give them a try and see how much your Adsense earnings improve.
Sheryl Polomka is the author of ‘Adsense Is It Really Worth It’. The Free Adsense Report that answers all your adsense secrets.
Reach Your Real Adsense Income Potential read our free report 'Adsense Is It Really Worth It!'