The best part is that you get paid commissions by eBay for every person that signs up as a new eBay customer and / or wins an auction. The commissions on auction listings are for the listings fees only so the more expensive the item that you select to target, the more commissions you stand to make.
I did this over the past holiday season and did quite well promoting the Nintendo Wii system that everybody was after. It was quite amazing logging into my account everyday and watching the commissions (not to mention the Adsense revenue) rolling in. I found myself giggling every time I checked my stats.
Here’s how to set this up on your webpage:
1. Find some products that are selling well on eBay. Check out the eBay Pulse section, eBay Popular Products as well as completed listings.
2. Sign-up as a Commission Junction affiliate as they are the official affiliate program for eBay. You need to have your website approved by eBay to become an official affiliate for them.
3. Go to http://affiliates. ebay.com/tools/editor-kit/ to setup your eBay listings after you’ve received approval by eBay.
4. Follow the instructions on this page. eBay provides a User Guide to help walk you through. You’ll need to make sure you enter your Commission Junction affiliate number in order to receive your commissions.
5. Try to provide as many auctions listings as your webpage will esthetically allow so there’s a nice sampling of auctions to choose from.
6. Take the code that you get and place it on your webpage. That’s all you need to do.
You may find you rank better in the search engines if you also provide related content such as articles on this page. For additional revenue you also may want to consider adding Adsense to receive clicks from those who may not be interested in the eBay auctions but are searching on the topic.
To promote your affiliate marketing “eBay” site, just drive traffic to your page using either pay per click advertising or article marketing. Try this yourself and you’ll find yourself giggling too over the money to be made with this.
Did you find these tips on Affiliate Marketing useful? You can learn a lot more about Affiliate Marketing here .