There are so many ways to make money online that it would take you sometime to find the right niche for yourself. The criteria that would help you would be:
1. What is your forte? - List your best skills; these could be either soft or hard skills, or both. You could be a good photographer, typist, copywriter, story writer, project writer, tax specialist, accountant, etc.
2. What do you excel at? – List those tasks that you can do better than anybody else can. These could be writing, playing a musical instrument, sports, computer applications, programming, etc
3. What gives you utmost satisfaction doing? – List what gives you pleasure – reading, shopping, TV viewing, watching movies, listening to music, playing computer/video games, etc.
4. How much time you have in hand for your online job? – This could anything from 30 minutes to 20 hours out of 24.
Now, once you have sharpened your focus a little, on what you could and would like to do, you run a search on the Net. You will be able to find a way to make money online with exactly what makes you happy.
Let us look at some popular online moneymaking opportunities:
1. Freelancing – here you use your best skills and offer your services for those who need it out there at highly competitive prices. Are you good with taxes? You could offer this advice for a fee over the Internet. Are you an excellent secretary? You could be a virtual assistant. Are you an exceptional photographer? You could offer your services for varied magazines and websites. And the list can go on and on.
That brings us to the question on how do you reach your clients. There are a number of forums that act as a meeting platform for this specific purpose. The majority of them do not charge anything from the freelancers as they pick up their operational fee from those who book the services. However, there are some very good freelance platforms, which do charge a monthly fee – but that is negligible when it comes to the amount of work they generate.
2. Writing reviews – You could write reviews on anything under the sky, i. e. books, movies, plays, shopping malls, tourist destination, restaurants, hotels, travel agencies, airlines, TV soap operas, TV sports channels, music, computer games, video games, magazines, etc. Choose the line that you prefer and become an expert. There are special review websites where you could become members, or you could use the freelance platform to search for projects, which ask for reviews. Reviews usually are paid well – US $2-5 per accepted review.
3. Teaching online – teaching a skill online is very successful nowadays because people have easy access to this wonderful thing we call the Internet; because of the Internet one can learn whatever they like, anytime they like, without leaving the comfort of their homes. Do you know a foreign language? Are you an expert in any subject? Are you good at making crafts? Then you could become an e-tutor – which is a well-paid part-time job. The “student” profits from the fact of time and place flexibility, besides the fact that an e-tutor will cost almost half as less as a real-life private tutor who would come to the student’s home to teach him/her; the e-tutor profit from the good fee, which can be earned with the lest effort, without leaving their home.