The following article is one of a series of articles which focus on Affiliate, Article and Internet Marketing. All of the articles are based on real experiences and research done over twenty years as a personal and business coach. They are also written in response to questions which I have been asked as well as address common challenges that people have with affiliate marketing, article marketing, internet marketing or running an online business in general. I sincerely hope that you find the following information of value. One idea, one tip, one clue can make all the difference.
8 Ways On How To Maximize Your Affiliate Profits
We are continually bombarded with the latest and absolutely best way to market affiliate products. In truth, there are a number of ways to market any product and the more successful marketers will likely use a number of different methods to maximize affiliate profits.
The real challenge is to come up with ways that encourage site visitors to accept your call to action, click through and purchase your recommended product.
I am going to assume that you fully understand that your job is to pre-sell, to describe the problem your visitors can relate to, the benefits of the product you are recommending and how it provides the solution to the problem.
This article, therefore, focuses more on affiliate programs, affiliate marketing and finding the top selling products to market…
1. Following on from my point about pre-selling, write about you’re your experience and personal recommendation of the product IF you have tried the product yourself. Do not be afraid to highlight the products shortcomings. This is hugely important in building your credibility and the trust of your visitors. One hit wonders may bring you a few dollars but will not build your business. People need to know that a product is actually working before they decide to buy it and what real benefits they can expect from using it.
2. I am sure you have heard often enough about “the money is in the list”. We need to be more precise. The money is in a targeted list. For example, if you were promoting three totally disparate products, how successful do you think you would be promoting them to one general list of subscribers? How long do you think those subscribers would stay on your list?
I used to get fed up when an internet marketer offered me a free e-book or trial membership for example and asked me to subscribe first. It then dawned on me what a simple neat way to qualify exactly what I was interested in. It’s important to build targeted lists to which you can follow up with recommendations, news, and promotions.
3. It is the merchant’s job to sell the product after you have pre-sold it. But, what if the merchant’s sales page is less than convincing? Adapt the existing sales page or create your own from scratch. Even better if you do have targeted customers because you are more likely to know what their interests are and how to ‘pitch’ to them.
4. If you are not collecting the details of your site visitors, start as soon as you can. A relatively easy and tried method is to invite your visitors to subscribe to your newsletter and to encourage them, offer giveaways or bonuses in the form of a report or e-book directly related to your site content. They will welcome the opportunity to get important information without having to pay for it.
5. Maximize your chances of success by registering for a number of related affiliate programs. Note, the programs need to be related or you run the risk of confusing your site visitors. Much worse, you may lose credibility – after all who will know what your site is really about and what problems you are trying to help your visitors to solve?
6. Where you do have more than one related product, try not to bombard your visitor with all the details of all the products on one page. How can this help you to pre-sell effectively? Think about creating content around your central theme with links to a separate product page where you can do the product justice.
7. Whatever your chosen niche is, Clickbank makes it very easy to select the top performing products – they are listed first. Again, just make sure the content on your site lends itself to pre-selling those top performing products. Also, if you are not about to purchase the product first, ask yourself how you will effectively pre-sell it to your site visitors.
8. Make sure you create as compelling a signature file as possible. Focus on generating either pain or pleasure to grab attention. Keep it simple then provide the link to your site (not the merchant’s).
These are just some of the many ways to market your product to reach a wider audience on the Internet. All that you need is to mix and combine promotional techniques to suit your product(s) and to tie those in to the preferred methods of your subscribers.
Finding help and resources for making money online or by affiliate marketing are some of the most sought after subjects on the internet. Our Independent Affiliate Review Site gives that much needed help and resources for ordinary people who want to run extraordinary businesses.
If you are looking for more than just an affiliate program, more in depth articles of the series, are available at Independent Affiliate Reviews where we go into some depth on some of the more important aspects of affiliate programs and how to choose the best one.