When it comes to getting a website for your business, it is essential that you understand your MWO before you even make a start.
MWO = Most Wanted Outcome.
For most sensible business owners that should be: To make money for my business. Oodles of money.
NOTE: This will definitely vary from business to business but failing to establish this first, is like going on a long journey with no destination in mind. A foolish thing to do in any business.
Sadly, the average Aussie business owner often fails to do this and ends up with a website that is really nothing more than an expensive glorified brochure.
So BEFORE you start. . .
What do you want your website to do for you?
- Generate more leads?
- Build an opt-in database for email marketing?
- Train existing clients?
- Serve as an automated follow-up system?
- Have a membership section?
- Act as an online forum to create a sense of community online and establish your business as leaders in your industry?
Ever wondered why there are so many Aussie websites might look great , but are dismal failures when it comes to actually making sales. . .
Could it be that. . .
Too many webmasters simply fail ask the right questions! (Makes you wonder if they know the answers?)
- How do you want to get traffic to your site? (They should give you at least 20 options here) PLUS they should show you how they work in their own business.
- What is your business marketing plan and where does a website fit into it?
- Do you need audio on the site?
- Do you need a ‘squeeze’ page? (If they do not ask you that - dont walk - RUN! until you find a webmaster who does!)
- Links pages?
- How about streaming video?
- What are your goals for the site?
- Do you need a blog or a standard website?
- What do you need to know about hosting? SEO?
And my favourite question. . .
Would you like us to create a website for your business with a step-by-step web marketing plan?
NOTE: Because most webmasters couldnt market themselves out of a paper bag if their very lives were hanging in the balance, perhaps that is why many of them don't ask you that one too often!
But it isn't all gloom and doom. . .
You really can have a business website that makes the sale.
Not just once or twice but over and over and over again! Like a demented popcorn machine on steroids, your website can generate targeted, ready-to-buy leads 365 days a year!
But you need to get a web designer that can offer you more than just a fancy brochure.
Finally, an industry secret that can give you a fiendishly clever advantage over your toughest competitors. . .
Add a contact form to your site that does the job of sorting out the just browsing from the serious and ready-to-buy prospects.
Over the years, using a simple form like this has been responsible for literally hundreds of thousands of dollars in extra sales!
Getting a website can be like doing handstands on a tightrope - you might want to print this article out and use it as a simple checklist. . .
Chris Bloor Creates Affordable Business Websites for Australian Business Owners. Read more about Chris at http://ChrisBloor.com and http://www.AustralianBusinessWebsites.com