With all the interest in the Internet, everyone and their grandmother has a site available for viewing. Well maybe everyone but you? Perhaps you have considered creating a site, but found the task too daunting. By using the following tips, your personal site will be up and running in no time at all.
1. Create your domain name – Not only should a domain name be easy to remember, it should in some way assimilate with the contents of your site. After choosing your domain name, you must register it online. Once you choose your server site, (see step two) they will be able to give you information on how and where to register.
2. Select a server – There are hundreds, if not thousands of servers available. Sites like Yahoo offer both paid and free sites. Take some time to research various offers to see which is the best option for you.
3. Choose a design program – As with web servers, there are hundreds of options when it comes to choosing software to design your web pages. Several sites (Yahoo included) offer free downloadable programs, however, many of these have limited design choices. Microsoft FrontPage is another favorite option. It enables the user to create their site without ever knowing how to write HTML code.
4. Consider your layout. How many pages will your site have? What is the main message you want to include. Will you use a template or design it from scratch? How will the user navigate through your site. In this important step, it might be wise to visit some of your favorite websites and consider what you like or do not like about their layout. Keep in mind these important considerations as you are planning your design and remember a cohesive look will add credibility and appeal to the overall appearance of your site.
5. Upload your site!! Once your site is live on the Internet, it is time to consider how you will draw traffic to your website. Take some time to learn about Internet marketing techniques and utilize them in promoting your little piece of the World Wide Web.
Do you want to learn more about how I do it? I have just completed my brand new guide to article marketing success, ‘Your Article Writing and Promotion Guide‘
Download it free here: Secrets of Article Promotion
Do you want to learn how to build a massive list fast? Click here: Email List Building