Have you been thinking of promoting your product or service online via a web site but don’t know where to get started? Well then this article is for you, We will show simple yet effective ways to market your goods or services online.
1. Fresh Content / Updated Content: If you want to start your web site off right the first thing you need is a lot of unique content that you can update weekly. One of the best ways to get in good with major search engines is to provide them with page after page of freshly written content. Try adding several pages a week and even updating old articles for an extra boost in Google rankings.
(Note: Remember to use the keyword phrases you want to rank for in the content. i. e. If you want to rank for “Pittsburgh Web Site Promotion Company” Make sure to use that phrase through the content of that page.
2. Title Tags: This is a very quick and easy trick to use to help boost your web site’s rankings in search engines. All you need to do to increase your web site rankings quickly in SERPS (Search Engine Result Pages) is optimize your title tags on every page. Optimizing title tags is much easier then you think, here are a few techniques you can use to utilize your title tags to the fullest:
- Always use the keyword phrases you want people to search for in the title tag.
- Keep your title tag between 35 - 55 characters long.
- Cut down your articles into several pages and use the proper title tags on each page thus getting you more rankings
Here are a few examples of the right and wrong way to use title tags for the keyword phrase “Pittsburgh Internet Marketing Services”
Correct Title Tags:
Pittsburgh Internet Marketing Services
Internet Marketing Services in Pittsburgh
Internet Marketing Services – Pittsburgh, PA
Incorrect Title Tags:
Lowest Discount Pittsburgh Internet Marketing Company
Eyeflow – Affordable Pittsburgh Internet Marketing and Web Site Promotion Company
Pittsburgh Internet Marketing Company Based Out of Pittsburgh!!!! Call Now
(Note: Want to see how important title tags are in SERPS? Do a search in Google for whatever you want, notice no matter what you search a good amount of first page results use that keyword phrase in the title tag)
3. Educate Visitors: One of the most overlooked aspects of search engine optimization is offering quality content instead of page after page of sales pitch jargon. If you write articles educating visitors to your site there is a good chance they will come back often for more helpful information. Combine this with other forms of search engine optimization and you will have a recipe for success.
Now you know the basics of web site promotion and internet marketing you can get started optimizing your web site for stellar performance. Although remember there is no magic button you can pres for more traffic there are many advanced tactics you can use to start seeing huge results in just a few months. Some of the methods include one link building, article and press release submission, internal linking structures, pod casts… If you would like more free information on web site promotion or internet marketing techniques feel free to email me or call and I will do my best to help educate you.
Phil Laboon is an internet marketing consultant based out of Pittsburgh, PA. He is the owner and president of Eyeflow, a top end web site promotion company that specializes in real estate related web sites but works with companies in every type of industry to improve search engine ranking and over all effectiveness of web sites.