Most people still don't realise the benefits of selling digital products on eBay, so I have provided 10 good reasons why selling eBooks on eBay may not be such a bad idea after all.
1. You have no physical stock to hold. As the items you are selling are digitally stored on your computer or web server you never have to worry about having the space available in your home or office to store your goods.
2. Everything can be fully automated. That's right, if you sell eBooks you don't have to worry about delivering your stock to your customers, you don't have to worry about rushing to the post office. It is possible to fully automate the whole delivery process.
3. Your customer gets their purchase instantly. As you can deliver instantly this means your customer gets their purchase right away, this is a very powerful selling tool indeed.
4. No postage costs. As you are selling a digital item your delivery costs are zero.
5. You can create your own products at will. I think we all dream of writing a book, well because of the digital age this has become possible. Anyone can create their own eBook on any topic they wish.
6. You can generate an affiliate income. If you create your own eBooks you can provide links to recommended products and services and generate an easy affiliate income.
7. Other eBay sellers can make you money. Allow your own eBooks to be sold by others and you can create a viral empire, all linking back to your websites, products and services.
8. You can build your mailing list. Simply give away a free eBook or report in exchange for some contact details. This can generate 1000s of potential leads you can follow up on and ‘build your list’.
9. You can be seen as an expert in any field. All it takes is to research your chosen topic on the internet, write about it and create an eBook that can make you money for years. As you are now seen as an expert in your chosen field you can create further products, websites and services and build your own niche empire.
10. You can have a product that is unique. How often do we see 100s of eBay sellers competing with each other selling the same products? Well in the digital age it is possible to create a product that is 100% unique to you. This means you control the price.
There you go, 10 simple reasons why selling eBooks on eBay may not be a bad idea after all.
John Thornhill is an eBay PowerSeller and trades on eBay under the username planetsms. For more eBay selling advice visit http://www.planetsmsnewsletter.com/