Pay per click advertising is one of the most popular internet marketing methods used today. Pay per click marketing is when you, as the affiliate marketer, place an ad on one of the major search engines. Most commonly this is Google and you place your ad using Google Adwords. When someone searches for the product you are promoting , if they use one of your keywords, your ad will appear on the right hand side. If they click on your ad and then make a purchase, you earn a commission. You do pay every time someone clicks on your ad whether they make a purchase or not.
Here are some tips on pay per click advertising:
1. After you have decided on the product you wish to promote, start your keyword search. Write down every possible keyword you can think of for the product. Use a keyword generating tool if you have one available.
2. Divide the keywords up into related areas. You will use each keyword section to create a targeted ad.
3. Come up with your ad headline. Use a keyword from your keyword sections in the headline.
4. Create your ad description. Use you keyword in the description as well. Your ad should be relevant to your keyword.
5. Set your budget. Determine your maximum per click. Assume it will take between 75-100 clicks to make a sale so set your budget accordingly. Start small. You can always increase it if you want to later.
6. Set up multiple ads focusing on one set of keywords per ad. You will then get more targeted traffic.
Don’t give up! It may take awhile before your campaigns start to show a profit. You need to hang in there!! Make sure you are comfortable with your budget because not all your campaigns will be profitable. You don’t want to go through your budget before you have made your first sale. Set up one campaign at a time and monitor it until it becomes profitable or you determine it won’t be. Then move on to the next. You will maintain more control this way. If you start too many campaigns at once, it is easy to spend more then you are profiting. Especially in the beginning.
Jennie Crawford is the stay at home mom of two small children. For more information go to http://www.jenniecrawford.com/affiliatesecretformula or http://www.jenniecrawford.com/clickadequalizer .