One thing that I think is important is to know that writing your ebook should not take forever. If you have been putting it off because you just do not have the time, think again. Let me share with you some numbers. First, let me ask, can you spare an hour a day? OK, assuming you can, can you write 4 pages a day? Yes? Then every week you can write 20 pages. You do the rest of the math.
Here is how I do it:
1) I decide what I want to write about.
2) I list out everything that I know about the topic. Then I add in everything I think should be included even though I don’t know enough to write about it yet.
3) I organize all of the things from 2) into an outline, then add in at least 5 points for every area I wanted to cover. By the way, I do all of this in Word, so that I can literally use this outline to begin writing with.
4) I begin to write on the topics I already know enough about. Because I am doing this in Word, it doesn’t matter if I work front to back. If I get to a topic that needs some research, I just skip it and can come back later. By the way, the reason I wait to do the research is I want to get as much of the book done while I am still excited about it. That way, when I begin doing research, the book is already perhaps half finished, and it would be senseless to quit then.
5) I do research, one by one, on the topics I don’t know enough about, then write those sections.
7) Upload to PDF
8) Write sales letter
9) Put on web
Folks, I know I make it sound easy. If you have already written an ebook, you know I am not exaggerating. If you have not, take my word for it. Just get started. If you do it the way I do it, it really will be easy.
Are you interested in learning how to build a profitable mailing list? Click here: List Building
Do you want my free book, ‘15 Steps to Internet Success‘? Click here: Internet Marketing Success
Sean Mize is an online author and internet marketer, and produces internet marketing training materials.