The future of your business may become more interactive with the Internet. We have heard this in the late 90's but the software was not there to suport it or was to costly for the average business. So why is this happening now? Is the Internet a Boom or Bust? Well what is happening is that specialized technologies are helping businesses on an individual basis. Do you have an IPOD broadcast?
The days of just Microsoft and CRM product is beginning to be engulfed by innovation or more specialized programs that can provide greater time management or simplify business resources and thereby reduce costs. Microsoft and CRM will probably always be around and a larger player, but it interesting to note some of the software advances that have helped business in the last five years and more recently this year.
We have just been inundated with IPOD casting and video on the Internet is better now due to more fluid programs and greater computer memory. Security concerns regarding travel have also helped with the speed of advancement and investment in this industry.
What are some of the latest creations in software that is beneficial for business. Well a few key ones are:
1. Map technology, http://www.yahoo. maps.com have helped change our lives in being able to view and follow maps to certain destinations we desire to go to. Perhaps saving us time and helping us not get lost so easily.
2. Communication software abound, There are so many ways you can communicate, email, gmail with ability to save your chat history, videoconferencing, phone bridging with display templates and numerous others designed by individual firms. Eg. http://www.yahoo.com; http://mail. google.com/mail/help/chat.html; https://www.gotomeeting.com/;http://www.flashtalk.com/dashboard
3. Accounting software, lots of new and more industry-specific software that can help your business in your industry in evolving more quickly or staying on top of fluctuations in your assets, expenses or cash-flow more easily. Eg. http://www.taxbrain.com; http://turbotax.intuit.com/tax_products/learn_premier.html
4. Groups online, numerous groups online, whether business networking groups, online alumni groups or social club groups. Eg. http://www.meetup.com; http://www.wayn.com/; http://www.linkedin.com/
5. Video Observation, so many ways to view other parts of the area, city, sites, country or just look at the earth from above. You can even broadcast yourself online now. Eg. http://hubblesite.org; http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=mp
As we continue in the Internet Age more technology will come down the pipeline, like always there will be challenges and changes, but out of this will come something new. Just like the birth and development of a new child.
For more information about online social networking see: http://www.socialnets.org/
How do you see the future for your generation and the generation you are bringing up? At this point it is really up to you!
The tools are out there now to help you define your own future with Internet technology as it expands to other places around the globe.
Copyright @2006 All Rights Reserved http://www.businessgrowth.ca by Daryl Des Marais-"Business Growth Specialist" Mr. Des Marais is a private parnter and has assisted with business development for companies in the service, retail, tourism and hospitality sectors helping them grow and expand their business by revenue or locations.