Summer in Les Menuires is the perfect time for a fun-fuelled family holiday. Located in the Savoy region, in the Three Valleys domain, Les Menuires is ideally located to explore this special part of France. Although primarily known for its great skiing, when summer in Les Menuires gets into full flow the mountains shake off their winter chill and begin to cater for a whole host of activities. Sitting at an altitude of 1,850m, Les Menuires itself has plenty of restaurants and lots of things to do – not to mention the stunning views of the surrounding area.
While family holidays with lots of activities can be an expensive affair, a get-away to Les Menuires doesn’t have to be. One of the best ways to save some money – and still have a lot of fun – is with the Les Menuires multi-activity card. With the card, you can gain access to more than 25 activities in Les Menuires, Saint Martin de Belleville and Val Thorens, as well as discounts on many more. The activities on offer cover a range of tastes and are suited to all energy levels. Indoors or outdoors, water or land, competitive or cultural – there’s something for everyone. The multi-activity card is a great way to introduce the kids to new pursuits, which will certainly make their summer in Les Menuires one to remember.
To help you out with all the options, here’s a list of my favourite things to do with the multi-activity card.
- Swimming – No holiday is complete without a dip in the pool. With the multi-activity card, you’ll gain access to a number of different swimming pools, as well as the Aquafun pool in Les Bruyères that the kids are sure to love.
- Mountain trekking – Explore the beautiful scenery of Les Menuires with a qualified mountain guide, who will take you on an outing along one of the area’s many trails.
- Skate park – If your kids are keen skaters, then the multi-activity card has you covered with access to a local skate park. Just make sure you all look after yourselves and wear protective equipment.
- The Belleville Museum, Saint Martin de Belleville – Situated in the heart of the village, this interesting museum retraces 150 years of the valley’s history. A great cultural option.
- Paragliding – Although paragliding’s not free with the multi-activity card, you’ll get a discount off your first flight. A truly spectacular way to see the area and experience summer in Les Menuires.
- Mini golf – With the multi-activity card, you’ll also be entitled to a discounted round of a firm family favourite: mini golf.
For these activities and many more, a multi-activity card will cost €46 per person per week, and only €32 for 3-5 year olds. Alternatively, you can purchase a day pass from €20.50 per person. Booking is easy – either book ahead online or buy on arrival at the Sport Centre, at the Sport Club (Croisette centre) or at the Aquafun and Wellness Centre (Les Bruyères).
Belinda Smythson works for Ski Amis, a specialist ski travel agency and booking service that has been helping avid skiers craft their perfect winter or summer holiday for over a quarter of a century. If you're looking for the best chalet for summer in Les Menuires , Ski Amis is the go-to company for those searching for the holiday of a lifetime in the French Alps.