Foreclosure rates are increasing all over the U. S. and more of us are turning to renting homes. This article shows you how to get cheap renters insurance with a top-rated company.
Why Get Renters Insurance?
The number of people renting a home or apartment has increased by over one million in the United States, but over 75% of these renters do not have renters insurance. This can be a tragic financial mistake.
Renters insurance offers several types of protection:
* Coverage for losses to your personal property due to windstorm, hail, theft, fire, and other covered events. The coverage even extends away from your home: if your bicycle or laptop computer is stolen from your car, your rental policy will cover your loss.
* Liability coverage in case someone is injured while visiting you
* Liability coverage in case you damage your landlord's property
* Living expenses if your rental is damaged and you need to live somewhere else while it is being repaired
And no, none of these items are covered under your landlord's policy. If there is a fire in your rental home, your landlord's policy will pay to rebuild the home, but it will not pay to repair or replace any of your belongings.
How Much Does It Cost?
Renters insurance is very affordable, usually less than a couple hundred dollars a year. To keep your costs as low as possible . . .
* Place your auto and rental insurance with the same insurance company so you'll receive a multi-policy discount
* Be sure your rental has basic safety features such as smoke detectors and deadbolts, which may net you further discounts
* Check for other discounts you might qualify for, such as a senior citizen or student discount
Where to Get Cheap Rates
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com/renters-insurance.html or click on the following link to get cheap renters insurance quotes from top-rated companies and see how much you can save. You can get more tips and advice in their Articles section, and get answers to your questions from an insurance expert by using their online chat service.
The authors, Brian Stevens and Stacey Schifferdecker, have spent 30 years in the insurance and finance industries, and have written numerous articles on getting cheap renters insurance.