You can save a lot of money and put yourself in a tight position down the road. There are many ways to pay less on your policy. But while some of them might save you some money, they could leave you with inadequate coverage. I don't generally support such ways as they defeat the main aim of insurance in the first place. So, I'll only give you suggestions that will also have you adequately covered despite saving you much. Here they are. . .
1. You will pay more affordable premiums if your area has a community watch. Therefore, if you have one in your community, tell your agent about it. It will be easier than you think to convince your neighbors to initiate one if they're told how much they will save in home insurance apart from the other benefits.
2. You will pay less if you've got motion-sensitive lighting on your property. Burglars will avoid any place where their activities will be easily noticed. And motion-sensitive lighting does this precisely. The risk of burglary is a key factor in checking a home's risk to an insurer and, consequently, your premium.
3. Fixing advanced security and fire systems that are monitored round the clock is a good move. Apart from the peace of mind you will have in knowing your home is always been watched by committed personnel, you will enjoy more affordable home insurance rates. Depending on the insurance carrier, this type of systems can get you discounts between 25% and 30%.
4. You can enjoy cheaper premiums if you are retired. Since not every carrier offers this discount, find out from your agent before you put pen to paper.
Insurers who give this discount know that burglars hardly ever go to homes where they know somebody is always around. In addition, Fires can be quickly spotted and put off if someone is always at home.
5. Cheap quotes, while interesting, should be considered only after checking an insurance provider's rating. Few things can be worse than realizing that made payments diligently to the wrong insurance provider only when you file a claim. Do your best to check with your state's department of insurance website. Confirm from them whether your preferred insurance provider is licensed to provide home insurance and also their rating.
BBB, A. M Best Company, Phelps, Inc. , Standard & Poor's Insurance Rating Services, Moody's Investor Services, Inc. are resources that you will do well to visit before you purchase a policy from any insurer.
I've prepared a free but high value 21-day ecourse that will show you over 120 sure-fire ways to cut down your insurance rates. Sign up for it here. . .
Save Up To 50% On Insurance With Over 120 Tips
As always, you can cut down your rates now by getting quotes here. . .
Cheaper Insurance Quotes
Chimezirim Odimba writes on insurance.