For many, the desire to enjoy cheaper home insurance rates ends just as a mere wish. The reason for this is that they do NOT take active steps towards achieving their end. If you're serious about paying less the following will help you a lot. . .
1. Your home's risk perception is strongly affected by your claims history. Avoid making claims for every little thing as that will make your home a higher risk. This will compel you to get more expensive rates.
Do NOT file a claim if it's something you can handle without spending much. You will be keeping your home insurance premium cheap that way.
2. Get special fire and security systems that alert fire stations, police stations or other monitoring center. You get considerable discounts apart from the fact that you'll feel more secure that your house is being watched by trusted professionals. Even though the savings this will attract will differ from one insurance company to another, you can expect to bring down your home insurance premium by as high as 25%.
3. Every normal garage has oils, gas and other liquids that are quite inflammable in nature. To be on a safer side, ensure that your garage is at a safe distance from your dwelling and you'll likely get a better rate. You can get details of the minimum distance and how much you will save for this from your agent.
4. Check an insurance company's rating and don't be deceived by just low rates. You don't intend to pay your rates faithfully just to realize later that your insurer can't make good its part for some of reasons. It's vital that you take the time to first check with your state's department of insurance website or its equivalent. Check if your chosen insurer is licensed to sell home insurance in your state.
You can as well obtain helpful information about an insurance company from independent organizations like BBB, A. M Best Company, Phelps, Inc. , Standard & Poor's Insurance Rating Services, Moody's Investor Services, Inc.
5. You can save much money in home insurance if you obtain and compare home insurance quotes from insurance quotes sites. You will realize savings if you use only one of such sites. But, you will get more by using at least five. The straightforward logic in this is that you will obtain many more home insurance quotes from many more insurance companies. This increases your chances of getting better offers.
Here are great pages for home insurance quotes. . .
Affordable Home Insurance Quotes
InsureMe Home Insurance Quotes
Chimezirim Odimba writes on insurance.