Already on ArticleSlash?

Forgot your password? Sign Up

No Health Insurance? The Problems of Getting a Health Insurance Policy

 


Visitors: 168

To most people, health insurance is one of those basic necessities in life that you simply have to have. You don't like paying for it but when you have to use it, you're sure glad that you have it. So it may come as a surprise that there are so many people with no health insurance.

There are a number of reasons for this. One of the main reasons is the perceived cost of medical insurance. Another is that insurance companies often exclude people with pre-existing conditions.

It may be the case that the person is self employed and so doesn't benefit from a company policy. But that doesn't exclude them from getting an individual or family policy. Many people think that this is expensive but there are many policies that have cost effective options. These include just covering for the essentials like accidents and essential medical care. Another way to reduce premiums is to find a policy that offers coinsurance. This is where the insurance company will pay out a percentage of any medical costs. For instance if the coinsurance requirement was 20% then the insurance company would pay 80% and you would need to find the remaining 20% of a bill.

Health insurance in states like Ohio is generally affordable. But the other common reason that people have no health insurance is more difficult to surmount: pre-existing conditions.

Many health insurance companies are reluctant to insure people that have pre-existing conditions. So if you have previously suffered a heart attack or recovered from cancer you may find it very difficult to get cover. This is a real problem for older people. And with an aging population this situation is only likely to get worse.

If you have no health insurance, you should visit a local broker to discuss your options. They will be able to help you find the policy that will be most suitable for you in terms of price and the amount of coverage.

Use these insider tips to get the best deals on health insurance for the family . For quotes on health insurance in Ohio visit http://www.myohiohealthinsurance.com

(366)

Article Source:


 
Rate this Article: 
 
Using High Deductible Health Insurance Plans to Lower Cost of Health Insurance
Rated 4 / 5
based on 5 votes
ArticleSlash

Related Articles:

How To Get Your Health Insurance Policy For Less

by: Chimezirim Chinecherem Odimba (March 20, 2008) 
(Insurance/Health)

A New Health Care Insurance Policy

by: Neguletu Octavian (November 19, 2008) 
(Insurance/Health)

How Good is Your Health Insurance Policy Really?

by: Jon Arnold (July 17, 2008) 
(Insurance/Health)

Leveraging Tips On Your Health Insurance Policy

by: Omedo I. Charles (March 07, 2008) 
(Insurance/Health)

Get More Than Cheap Group Health Insurance Quotes in Dallas Texas From Your ..

by: Michael Chapman (August 03, 2007) 
(Insurance/Health)

Online Health Insurance Quote: Get a Policy at an Instant

by: Jenny Black (January 18, 2007) 
(Insurance)

Individual and Family Health Insurance Policy Fundamentals

by: David Goebelt (August 28, 2012) 
(Insurance/Health)

What is a Health Insurance Policy? Knowing What You Need Can Save You Money

by: Michael Demarkks (August 16, 2008) 
(Insurance/Health)

Health Insurance - Practical Ways To Reduce Your Family Health Insurance Premium

by: Chimezirim Chinecherem Odimba (June 09, 2007) 
(Insurance/Health)

Using High Deductible Health Insurance Plans to Lower Cost of Health Insurance

by: Jeffrey Wells (November 16, 2010) 
(Health and Fitness/Mind Body Spirit)