There are things you can't affordable to NOT know in your quest for affordable insurance: Things that will cost you and things that will help you save massively. Here are several of both. . .
1. Vocations that are considered hazardous get more expensive quotes. You'll attract less expensive premiums if you leave a hazardous vocation for something safe. Since a clerk in a grocery shop isn't exposed to any health hazards like a nuclear plant worker, he or she would get much lower rates.
2. Opt for a higher deductible and you'll get a more affordable rate. This is the amount you must pay before an insurer is obligated to pay accordingly. Yes, opt for a very high deductible but ensure it is not higher than you can readily provide.
3. There are things that you would do well not to see a doctor about as it only adds to your health care cost without any real benefit. For example, your doctor can really do nothing for you if you have a cold or viral infection. There are easy steps you should apply and if you go to the doctor you'll pay and still be given the same remedies.
So is it wise to spend nearly $100 to see a doctor when you already know that your situation won't be helped much? This is also true of simple first aid treatment. If you do not know these little things take out time to read books on them especially if you have little kids. Most of those incidents would be well taken care of if you spend time learning a little about first aid and also have a good first aid kit.
But even in those cases if you're not sure go and see a doctor considering that it's better to lose money than to jeopardize your life. But, please, know your bounds and be aware that there are cases you must take to a doctor even if you know what to do. There are cases you are not supposed to even attempt if you're not a medical doctor. Having the right balance is necessary in this and other matters. If you do this right you will pay less in health insurance and as well not put yourself at any risk.
4. Check if your preferred insurer has unreasonable limits. Insurance companies might place a limit on the amount they will pay out if a policy holder develops cancer or other catastrophic illnesses. Shop for a better insure and don't just settle for it if you consider what they have as their limits are unreasonable.
In the same vein, make sure your policy has a reasonable maximum amount you will be expected to pay for medical treatments annually. If you are not comfortable with the maximum amount, then it's also time to shop for an insurer that has something better.
5. You'll be given lower premiums if you make your payments by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). By doing this you authorize an insurance provider to automatically withdraw your payments from your account when due. This brings down administrative overheads like those incurred when sending payment notices. An insurer gives you part of what they save by offering you lower premium.
6. Visit not less than five quotes sites. Visiting a minimum of five quotes sites increase the chances that you would get more affordable health insurance quotes. This is because offers not covered by one site will be represented by the other.
And, you should understand that since your chances of receiving lower health insurance quotes has to do with the range of quotes you receive, the more insurance companies you get quotes from, the better your chances will be. Obtaining your health insurance quotes online will help you save a bundle if you sacrifice just 25 minutes to get quotes from a minimum of 5 quotes sites.
Here are great pages for health insurance quotes. . .
InsureMe Health Insurance Quotes
Health Insurance Quotes
Chimezirim Odimba writes on insurance.