You can get lower rates for your auto insurance policy if you know things that you should exclude and things you should get. Here are time-tested tips to help you make decisions that will save you thousands in premium dollars. . .
1. There are useful extras and there are those that do nothing but just inflate your rate. A good example of the later is adding a towing service to your policy. Have you checked to see if your credit card doesn't already offer this as added value? Even if yours does NOT add this kind of service, a dedicated towing service from a third party will serve you better and save you more than adding towing to your auto insurance policy.
2. There are cars that cost far more to insure. So have this on your mind when you shop for your next vehicle. Two factors that will force you to pay more are a car's crash rating and theft rate.
Along these lines, vehicles that typically cost more to maintain also cost more to insure. With a little diligence you can avoid buying a vehicle that will cost you thousands in higher rates over a few years.
3. Belonging to an auto club could get you a discount with some insurance providers. Don't let the smallness of the discount this may get you stop you from going for it if it makes sense in your situation.
4. Ensure your auto insurance policy is not allowed to lapse no matter what. Those who allow this to befall them get higher rates for a long time. It's easy for this to happen to many folks as they are switching to another insurance provider.
To avoid a lapse, make sure that the new policy is fully in force before you cancel the old. Many people are paying more than they would otherwise just because they made this mistake. Therefore, make sure you don't become one of them.
5. Marriage is something that will do your auto insurance rates a world of good. This is true even though you can't just go off to marry just because of this. It's commonsense that every person becomes more stable and less reckless once they get married. This stability affects such a person for good when he/she is behind wheels.
Insurers will tell you that their records show that married people make fewer claims. Furthermore, when they do make those claims, they usually cost less on the average than those married by their unmarried counterparts.
6. You can get better rates on auto insurance now by visiting not less than five insurance quotes sites. Each quotes site will take you about 5 minutes or less to obtain quotes. (Some people give information that is NOT quite true about themselves. That isn't a smart move as the quotes you'll get this way will NOT be of any use to you). You'll simply choose lowest auto insurance quote for you from the list of quotes received. It's as simple as that. Nevertheless you could easily save hundreds of dollars.
Here are great pages for auto insurance quotes. . .
InsureMe Auto Insurance Quotes
Auto Insurance Quotes
Chimezirim Odimba writes on insurance.