There are a lot of folks who don't know what to do to cut down what they pay for insurance. If you happen to be one of such, you've got help here. Even if you know some ways to save, you might find some other new ways here. . .
1. Smokers have life insurance rates that are double or more that of people who don't smoke. It's a well known truth that smokers are vulnerable to various health conditions and that they also die young.
This multiplies their risk to a life insurance carrier and so increases their rates considerably. If you can quit smoking you will get rates that are remarkably lower when you reapply after 12 months.
2. Although you're warned against self-medication, there are times when you shouldn't visit a doctor. Take, for instance, a viral infection like flu. Visiting your doctor will really make no difference in your health if you understand the right right steps to take. Your doctor will probably do things you should have done on your own at home in a situation like that.
So does it make sense to spend close to $100 in visiting a doctor when you already know that your condition would not be helped much? Other examples are minor bruises that just simple first aid will take care of. Learn little first aid procedures. Most of those emergencies would be well attended to if you spend time learning a little about first aid and also have a good first aid kit.
However, it's better to err on the side of caution and see a doctor if you're not certain. And, even for those who do are versed in first aid, remember your boundaries. The law stops you from doing certain things if you are not a certified medical doctor. Having the right balance is necessary in this and such matters. If you do this right you will pay less in health insurance and at thse same time not put yourself at any risk.
3. If you need a discount, get your life insurance policy from the same insurer you bought existing policies from. Every insurer will typically offer a discount if you make a purchase of more than one policy from their company.
4. Mileage is a strong indicator used in calculating your risk to an auto insurer. The more time you spend driving the more your auto insurance rates will be. Therefore, do all within your power to use the public transport system whenever you can. It will save you a lot
5. You might not be enjoying some concessions you qualify for with your present insurance carrier just because you are not aware of them. Since agents too are not above mistakes they might forget to tell you about some discounts you are qualified for. You will lower the odds of this happening to you if you take the pains to ask your agent seriously to tell you about every discount that is available. Do not be surprised if you discover some that you have never heard of.
6. Keep an excellent credit rating. A poor credit record will make you pay higher life insurance rates. For most insurers it is a pattern they believe you're quite likely to repeat with them in premium defaults. Once you're seen as a higher risk you'll attract higher life insurance rates.
7. Take out some time to visit at least five insurance quotes sites for each of your insurance policies. It should take you around 25 minutes per policy. As you visit each quotes site, make sure you give the same information. Doing otherwise will give you misleading results. When you've received your quotes, compare them to see which serves your interest best in price/value.
Here are great pages for insurance quotes. .
InsureMe Insurance Quotes
Chimezirim Odimba writes on insurance