You can dramatically lower what you pay for insurance without downgrading the level of coverage you enjoy. Let's take a look at different things that will reduce your rates across different policies. . .
1. Occupations that are considered hazardous attract more expensive rates. Choosing a less-hazardous vocation will lower your rate by a good margin. If your work exposes you to toxic substances, for example, your premiums will be much higher than that paid by a comparable profile who probably works as a cashier in an office.
2. Pick a third party only policy if your primary concern is making the most savings. This option makes sense only in areas that allow it at least as a minimum. Simply note that you will not get any compensation for your car. It solely takes care of the third party's car thus the name. You will have to take care of your own car on your own.
This should be your preferred choice if yours is an old car. If, for example, you pay for collision coverage for an old car, your insurance company will only pay you the value of your car at the time of the accident.
Except where your car is a classic, what you will get isn't going to be worth the premiums you had paid - Moreover when you add the fact that you also are obliged to pay your deductible.
3. You should obtain a reasonable discount if you've remained with your insurer for three years and above. But in spite of the fact that you will qualify for a loyalty discount if you stay put with one insurer for 3 years and more, don't stay put just for that.
Believe it or not, you can almost always find an insurer that gives a far cheaper rate than what you're currently paying. Do shop extensively and you'll be in for a pleasant surprise. Get quotes from any good home insurer you know you've never obtained one from and also routinely get and compare home insurance quotes from up to 5 quotes sites about twice every year.
4. Get a group policy if you can because you'll attract a more affordable rate with it. You should already know if your employer offers such. You can confirm from associations you belong to because they might have obtained group discounts.
But before you buy, check if you can get a cheaper rate with another carrier than that offered your association. You can get an insurance company that your association has no form of affiliations with that gives your profile a far more affordable rate. There is stiff competition in the insurance sector and you can take advantage of this to get cheaper premiums if you spend some time to do extensive shopping and comparisons.
5. Get a car that has anti-lock brakes, alarm system, daytime running lights and any other security and safety gadget. Since they will make you and your car safer they are thus seen as better risks by insurance companies. These will enable you get low cost vehicle insurance.
6. Visit at least five quotes sites. Using not less than five quotes sites increase the chances that you would get more affordable quotes. This is because offers not covered by one site will be represented by the other. Moreover, you know that since the likelihood of receiving cheaper quotes is tied to the number of quotes you obtain, the more insurance companies you get quotes from, the better your chances will be.
Here are great pages for insurance quotes. . .
InsureMe Insurance Quotes
Chimezirim Odimba writes on insurance.