Health insurance rates in Florida are some of the highest in the nation. Here's how to find the cheapest Florida health insurance quotes from top-rated companies.
Florida Health Insurance Plans
There are two types of health insurance plans:
* Indemnity plan - This plan lets you choose your physicians and pays for for all or part of your medical expenses. This is the most expensive health insurance plan.
* Managed care plans (HMOs, PPOs, POSs) - These plans set you up with a network of health care providers and hospitals, and pay for medical expenses within that network. Depending on the plan, you pay all or part of your out-of-network expenses. These plans are the least expensive health insurance plans, with HMOs being the cheapest.
Health Insurance Coverage
Whatever plan you choose it should include the following coverages:
* Hospital coverage - Pays for your room, board, and medical services when you're hospitalized.
* Surgical coverage - Pays for surgeons fees and other surgical expenses.
* Physicians coverage - Pays for your physician's office visits and your physician's hospital visits.
* Major Medical coverage - Pays for medical expenses from a catastrophic injury or illness like cancer.
In addition to the above coverages you may want your plan to include prescription drug coverage, dental care, vision care, mental health care, and maternity care.
The best way to get the least expensive health insurance quote is to comparison shop. There are a number of online sites that let you compare quotes from different companies so you can choose the best quote and the best plan for your particular situation. If you have questions about health insurance plans some of these sites even have a chat feature that lets you talk with an insurance expert online. (See link below. )
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com/health-insurance.html or click on the following link to get Florida health insurance quotes from top-rated companies in your area and see how much you can save. You can get more health insurance tips by checking out their “Articles" section.
The author, Brian Stevens, is a former insurance agent and financial consultant who has written numerous articles on Florida health insurance quotes.