When you think of scrapbooking you usually think of making scrapbook albums. Have you tried using your scrapbooking materials for other projects? These project ideas are great for scrapbooking with kids.
1. Decorate jars and use them as small storage items in your children's bedrooms, like marble collections or collectible game cards. Look in your scrapbooking supplies for stickers and rub-ons to embellish any size jar. Baby food jars and Mason jars work well for this project.
2. Make greeting cards when scrapbooking with your children. Nearly any type of scrapbooking material can be used for making cards. Children will love creating their own Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day or birthday cards.
3. Holiday decorations are easy to make with scrapbooking materials. For example, Thanksgiving embellishments and cardstock can make name plates for the holiday table. Use your creativity and help your children make a centerpiece for the table out of paper and scrapbooking supplies.
4. Help your child keep a vacation journal. Before you go on vacation, create a scrapbook album to take along and have your child complete the album while traveling. Select a small album so it will be easy to pack in a child's carry-on bag. Have pages pre-designed for some of the places you are planning to visit. You could even include some journaling prompts throughout the album. Some examples are “My Favorite Ride at Disneyland" or “The Best Thing about Staying in a Hotel. " Then attach a small plastic bag filled with colored pencils or markers, lots of vacation-themed stickers and some adhesive to attach memorabilia and photos from the trip. Let your child do the rest!
5. Scrapbooking for children is an opportunity to make gifts for your family. Flip through any scrapbooking magazine, and you are sure to see a gift project. Your child can use scrapbooking supplies to make picture frames, pencil holders, photo cubes, or note cards. Children also can design pre-made gift scrapbooks, like a recipe album for grandma or an ABC album for a new baby cousin.
6. Christmas ornaments make great scrapbooking projects for gifts. There is no limit to the kinds of ornaments you can make from scrapbooking supplies. Don't be afraid to get messy and use glitter for this project.
7. Birthday parties and sleepovers are the perfect project for using your scrapbooking supplies with your children. Begin with crafting invitations out of paper and embellishments. Have enough materials to keep the same theme throughout the project. Take the time to create thank you notes at the same time. Then use your scrapbook materials to make napkin holders, name plates, centerpieces and party decorations. Finally, using the same theme, decorate goodie bags for your guests to take home.
You'll find hours of fun in these scrapbooking for kids projects. In most cases, you have everything you need in your scrapbooking supplies right now. Scrapbooking for children is a chance to spend quality time with your kids and encourage their creativity and imaginations. Try one of these projects today with your child.
Christine Perry is an avid scrapbooker and has over 10 years of scrapbooking experience. Her favorite scrapbooking subjects are her reluctant teenagers. She invites you to her website, http://www.intoscrapbooking.com for more scrapbooking tips and information on scrapbooking forums .