Already on ArticleSlash?

Forgot your password? Sign Up

Post-Pregnancy Medical Conditions and Weight Loss

Azhar Victor
 


Visitors: 186

The period after pregnancy or post-pregnancy is indeed even more challenging then the 9 months before pregnancy or pre-pregnancy period. This is because there is no time limit for the healing that is needed after pregnancy. Depending on the individual, the healing would be centered on some common medical conditions that may be experienced. To be able to manage these conditions and to heal better, weight loss should be an important consideration. This is because excess weight is associated to many medical conditions and weight loss has been found to be an important factor in the solution.

The common medical conditions that women face after pregnancy include pain and discomfort in the genital area. This would be the case especially after a vaginal birth that needed stitches. As the genital organs take between 6 weeks and 2 months to return to their original size and function, extra precautions need to be taken particularly during *** intercourse. Additionally, a vaginal birth may cause hemorrhoids and lower back pain.

After pregnancy, incontinence is a worry among most women. One way of overcoming this condition is through doing gentle pelvic floor exercises which are also known as Kegel's exercises. These exercises help to restore the pelvic floor muscles to their original tone preventing bladder and anal leaks. It is also recommended that the pelvic floor must recover its original tone before other exercises are attempted.

Other common complaints after pregnancy include varicose veins, bleeding gums and pigmentation of the skin. Not be ignored, is the problem of excess fat that needs to be shed. In any fat and weight loss effort, the effects of diet and exercise on weight loss must be well understood. The key consideration is the fact that diet contributes to 80%of weight loss whereas exercises makes up the other 20%.

For weight loss after pregnancy, it is very important to appreciate that the diet or exercise selected must be suitable given the changes that the body has undergone. Above all, any such attempt must not put undue pressure or stress on the body system. As diet is the key contributor to weight loss, it should be given priority in the quest to regain body shape through the required weight loss. Learn about a diet that is simple, safe and top ranked in the weight loss industry.

Look and feel better after pregnancy. Manage the conditions for better healing and health. Get your body shape back through weight loss. Choose a top ranked natural diet system for best results. Join the hundreds of who have found it effective and enjoy the benefits. View the offering and decide in your favour.

(448)

Article Source:


 
Rate this Article: 
 
Weight Gain During Pregnancy, And Weight Loss After Pregnancy
Rated 4 / 5
based on 5 votes
ArticleSlash

Related Articles:

Tips for Post Pregnancy Weight Loss - Post Pregnancy Weight Loss

by: Ivonna Boss (February 04, 2008) 
(Health and Fitness/Weight Loss)

Post Pregnancy Weight Loss - How to Lose the Last of Your Baby Fat

by: Kelly Crawford (September 08, 2008) 
(Home and Family/Pregnancy)

3 Tips to Be Successful With Post Pregnancy Weight Loss

by: Kelly Crawford (September 08, 2008) 
(Home and Family/Pregnancy)

Pregnancy- Pre-existing Medical Conditions

by: Prahalad Singh (February 06, 2008) 
(Home and Family/Pregnancy)

Fat Loss Post Pregnancy

by: Graeme Marsh (February 18, 2007) 
(Health and Fitness)

Lose Weight Post Pregnancy

by: Roger Ruzzier (September 18, 2008) 
(Health and Fitness/Weight Loss)

The Best Way to Lose Pregnancy Weight - Pregnancy Weight Loss Diet

by: Ivonna Boss (February 05, 2008) 
(Health and Fitness)

The Best Way to Lose After Pregnancy Weight - Carb Diet For Loss After ..

by: Ivonna Boss (February 07, 2008) 
(Health and Fitness/Weight Loss)

Diet for Weight Loss After the Pregnancy! After the Pregnancy Weight Loss!

by: Ivonna Boss (February 07, 2008) 
(Health and Fitness/Weight Loss)

Weight Gain During Pregnancy, And Weight Loss After Pregnancy

by: Matt Wiggins (March 22, 2010) 
(Health and Fitness/Weight Loss)