Child Support Agency (CSA) works to provide excellent services while handling child poverty. But the reason that evaluations based on the same financial criteria can give rise to different results, depending on which rules the case is examined under can lead to inactions instead of actions of the Child Support Agency. If you are disagreeing with the CSA services then you can make complaints.
A complaint is a request to CSA to legitimately review the decision. You can make complaints regarding CSA delays, wrong assessments of your earnings by CSA, incorrect application of law, CSA has overlooked relevant details in making the decision, has not considered all the facts etc. If you have CSA complaints concerning the CSA decisions then follow the following steps to resolve it:
- It is recommended that you first contact CSA and confirm from customer service officer whether you can object to a CSA decision or not. If the CSA decision is objectionable then customer service officer would try to solve the problem.
- If you feel that customer service officer has not settled your complaint to your satisfaction level then you can send it to Complaints Resolution Team. You can contact the CSA Complaints Resolution Team by calling the phone number or writing to them, or by filling in the online complaint form.
- If you are still not satisfied with the decisions made by the Complaints Resolution Team then you can contact Complaints Review Team.
- If you have followed this complaints procedure and have been unable to resolve a complaint then you can contact the Independent Case Examiner (ICE). ICE is as an independent body to deal with complaints about the CSA.
The Independent Case Examiner
ICE is a free service and is not a part of CSA. ICE will only consider the case if it is sure that CSA has dealt with the complaint, complaint has undergone each stage of the CSA complaint process and it has been contacted within six months of getting a final reply from Complaints Review Team. The Independent Case Examiner can't consider a complaint if:
- Child Support Agency has not been given the chance to resolve the matter first.
- It is more than six months since the CSA's final reply.
- The complaint is about legislation that is it includes the amount of the maintenance calculation.
- The complaint is the subject of legal proceedings like judicial review.
CSA takes all complaints very gravely and is aware that it doesn't always reach the right decisions. CSA values your feedback and it is due to this reason that it is improving its services and processes every year. You can log on to http://www.cv-service.org/csa.htm to get information regarding child support payments, CSA complaints, CSA calculator, child maintenance, CSA reform and more.