Large daycare centers may seem nice, but there are better options out there for your kids. Here are 5 good reasons why you should stop sending your children to a daycare center and hire an in-home babysitter or nanny for the kids.
1. Better one-on-one attention. Studies have shown that children do better with one on one attention provided by one consistent caregiver. You can improve standardized test scores and child self-esteem by just increasing the interaction between a child and a caring adult caregiver. If your child is just one of many other kids at the daycare, how can you be sure that she can get the attention that she needs to learn and grow?
2. Make your life easier. Stop hurrying out of work by five just to get frustrated by trying to rush to get to the childcare center before your mandatory pick up time. Suddenly you will be able to work when you want, even if your child is home sick.
3. It has never been easier to find great babysitters. Why? You can now use an internet babysitting service. They have thousands of available babysitters all over the United States. You can easily find several excellent babysitters right in your local area that would perfectly match your needs. You can even search their database before you sign up.
4. You can verify a clean record. As we have all heard, not every daycare worker is as great as they may appear. A caring parent should make the decision about who is in charge of your children, not the owner of the childcare center. Most babysitting agencies online offer free background checks, so you can feel comfortable with the sitter who is watching your children while you are away.
5. It may save you money. Nannies and in-home sitters are not as pricey as you may think. Some people find that they save hundreds of dollars a month by having a nanny watch their kids instead of dropping them at a daycare center. They find that it works better, the children love it, and it saves money, too!
Beth Howland is a reviewer of parenting products like Sittercity . If you need help finding the right sitter for your family, visit http://www.SittercityReview.com for more information.