A snow blower is a good investment. It may possible reduce doctor’s bill by going easy on your back. There are some considerations to be thought about before you go in the market for a snow blower, (also called snow thrower in some areas).
- Consider the amount of snow and the density of snow that you will have to deal with. Take into account the total number of days of snow and the inches of snow per day. Also consider if the snow is fluffy or hard when you have to deal with the snow.
- Take your machine for a test drive. Some showrooms have arrangements for testing the snow blower in their back yard. Going for a demonstration gives you the feel of the machine.
Snow blower costs
The following discussion gives you an idea of costs involved. Remember that the costs change significantly as it is a market play that determines the cost.
A single stage machine can be purchased from $350 to $800. A two-stage machine would cost you upwards of $1000. The costs would change depending on the throw distance of each machine and capacity of the machine. Information on prices at www.lawn-mowers-and-garden-tractors.com/snow-removal-equipment/snow-blowers.html
Varieties Of Machines In Market
Apart from the obvious variety of single stage and a two-stage machine, there is the variety of drive. The gasoline powered drive and electric driven machines are available in the market. Gasoline engine driven machines are generally two stroke engines and are noisy and polluting. Electric driven machines have the disadvantage that their power is limited. They cannot be made as two-stage machine. Where the snowfall is heavy, the electric machines will not be useful as the gas machines.
Snow Blower Safety
Safety is an important consideration while operating a snow blower. Take following precautions while operating a snow blower.
- Never allow children to operate the snow blower. Serious injuries and even amputation of hands can take place if it encounters the rotating impeller of a two-stage machine.
- If the blower is electric, the normal precaution when using electricity should be taken.
- When a two-stage machine is working, it is as if there is magnet for children. A powerful throw from machine creates a good visual impact. If children are present, keep them at a sufficient distance so they do not come under the snow being thrown.
Andrew Caxton is the webmaster of http://www.lawn-mowers-and-garden-tractors.com A guide on lawn mowers and garden tractors and how to choose the right type for your garden;including snow removal tools for the winter season such as snow blowers and throwers http://www.lawn-mowers-and-garden-tractors.com/snow-removal-equipment/snow-blowers.html