Family holiday traditions are as unique and varied as families themselves. Holiday tradition marks the season and encourages family togetherness. The entire holiday season is permeated with a beautiful air - families being together, spending time together, respecting each other and loving each other. If you are looking to start a unique and special family holiday tradition for your family, here are some great ideas that real families enjoy each and every year. Even if your family has a host of tradition, a new and unique holiday tradition can add some extra excitement to your family's holiday season.
Matching Family Pajamas - Purchase a fun holiday or Christmas design of family matching pajamas early in the holiday season and have the whole family wear their matching pajamas while holiday baking, watching Rudolph, trimming the tree, Christmas Eve and opening gifts on Christmas morning.
Family Christmas Card Photo - The taking of the family photo for the family Christmas card to send out to family, friends and everyone is not always a jolly joy, sometimes considered a nuisance task marked by grunts and groans. Try making the family Christmas card photo a fun experience and you will be thrilled with the result. Some creative ideas are:
- Take the picture outdoors, perhaps while selecting the Christmas tree;
- Wear matching family clothing - matching holiday pajamas are a great twist;
- Take a special picture from a special family vacation during the year - who says the family Christmas card has to be taken in the winter?
- Wear goofy hats - santa hats, chef hats, baseball caps, be creative!
- Family in action - instead of posing the family stiffly in front of a camera, try having someone take a picture of your family engaged in your favorite family activity, whether its biking, mountain climbing, lounging around or playing the Wii
- Family collage - a really creative Christmas card idea is taking a close-up snapshot of each family member individually being their own individual self. Put all the photos into a collage to compile a family Christmas card that symbolizes the uniqueness of the individuals in your family and also how they come together to make the family special!
Holiday Charity for the whole Family - the holiday spirit is all about giving. Try making your holiday charity a family event. Not only will this tradition instill the charitable spirit into children, but will give the whole family a special bond as they assist those less fortunate during the holiday season.
Christmas Eve Bingo - Christmas Eve is a special time for families to be together and celebrate each other. Make your own Christmas bingo cards out of construction paper using any fun symbols and bottle caps for marking the cards. Your family may have more fun making the bingo cards!
Family Cookie Exchange - A cookie exchange party is a fun event for adults during holiday time. Why not include the whole family and invite some good friends over for a family cookie exchange? Be sure that the kids help bake the cookies and mix the punch!
FOOTSTEPS CLOTHING.com is a unique family apparel company where you can find a large selection of products designed to promote family togetherness including matching family pajamas, holiday pajamas for the whole family, matching Christmas pajamas with family-inspired designs adn expressions. Visit the Holiday Shop at Footsteps Clothing.com for a wide selection of unique family gift ideas including our best-selling MATCHING FAMILY PAJAMAS .