Traditionally, New Years Eve parties were focused on couples only. Fortunately, not anymore! It is also not as exclusively formal as in previous decades. It is much more common to include the whole family and singles in the celebration as well. Alcohol, no alcohol, anything and everything goes these days.
Decorate with black, silver, and gold. Go all out with feather boas and top hats. Don't forget the noisemakers and party poppers to bring in the New Year.
Here are some fun activity ideas to bring in the New Year:
- Resolutions Roast. Give each guest a turn roast their resolution for 2006. It is usually related to some sort of weight loss or self-improvement idea. For example, say “goodbye (name) and hello to a lighter, tighter me!"
- Costume or masquerade party. Don a mask and be a lady or gent of mystery!
- New Years around the world. Have guests bring dishes that reflect their ethnicities and countries of origin.
- Murder mystery party. Purchase murder mystery scripts or use a local murder mystery company to host the event.
- Create a time capsule to be opened in five years. Include some of 2005 items and a questionnaire about what they think it will be in 2010. Make a video of the party to include in her time capsule.
- Board games or card game championships
- Take a day cruise on a local body of water.
- Hire a bellydancer or salsa dancer to give lessons and give the guests a little spice for in their lives. Everyone will have a good laugh as they try out their new skills!
- Hold a couple’s party and play the Newlywed Game to see who's most in tune with each other.
- Gambling on a winner? Choose a casino night for an easy to put together bachelorette party.
- Is a happy and prosperous year in the cards? Use a fortune telling theme complete with palm readings and crystal balls.
- Go out dancing at the host's favorite club.
Drop balloons at midnight and toast your friends and family!
About The Author Dee Schrock has put together hundreds of theme party tips and fun ideas for easy (and budget conscious!) party planning.
Visit her website http://www.fun-theme-party-ideas.com for tons of popular theme party ideas, including decoration, costume, game, and party drink ideas, as well as printable invitations.
© Copyright 2005. Feel free to reprint this article on your site as long as the article is not modified in any way and the resource information (about the author) is listed as above.