I love the holidays! I love baking, shopping, wrapping gifts, finding and decorating the Christmas tree, and, I love writing my Christmas letter and hearing from friends and relatives from all over the United States. Don’t let writing your Christmas letter be a chore; here are some tips to make it fun.
10 Tips For Writing Your Christmas Letter
1. Write your Christmas letter with a friend, your spouse, or your sister. It’s more fun when you share memories and laugh and cry about the year that’s gone by. Drink cocoa and have some Christmas cookies while you work.
2. Use a word processor to make corrections and revisions easy. Use of a spell checker makes sure your Christmas letter will be perfect. However, if you don’t use a computer, a hand-written letter is always wonderful to receive. Be sure someone proofreads it before sending.
3. Use special holiday paper that can be purchased at an office supply store. Or use colored paper and add pictures and borders. Use a pretty font and dress the Christmas letter up with some bold type or Christmas stickers.
4. Start your Christmas letter with holiday wishes and questions about your friends’ and relatives’ well-being. Tell everyone you miss them.
5. Next, describe your year. Don’t brag! Both happy and sad events should be included. Tell a cute story or two. Keep the Christmas letter under two pages.
6. Then, send more wishes for wonderful holidays and a happy new year.
7. Sign your Christmas letter by hand.
8. Use a decorated or colored envelope and add a Christmas stamp and Christmas seals.
9. Include family pictures in your Christmas letter.
10. Mail your Christmas letter early.
So, grab a friend, heat up some cocoa, and start writing your Christmas letter today!
To create your own free personalized santa letters, visit free printable letters from Santa .
This article was submitted by Jen Carter, creator of the Letters from Santa Claus website.