Shopping for popcorn machines is fun. They are interesting and unusual. Also, you will anticipate the happy times you will spend using them for parties and movie nights. Here are nine features to think about as you look at all the fancy popcorn poppers.
1. Style. This is the first thing you will probably notice about these novelty items. There are many different styles of nostalgic or retro popcorn cart to choose. Some others are Metropolitan style, which is based on the art deco period. The cinema style has a Hollywood theme.
2. Pedestal. Some of the popcorn machines sit on a table top, and so do not need a pedestal. Others might be best used with a pedestal, which may come separately. If you find a popper that comes with a pedestal, check to see if it has shelves for your supplies.
3. Wall placement. Some popcorn machines can be placed on a wall. This makes them more convenient in a home or other setting that has limited space. Others must be free-standing and have room around them.
4. Type of popping. Some of the popcorn machines used for home entertaining are hot air poppers. The larger poppers generally pop corn in hot oil, in a kettle.
5. Type and size of kettle. If you are buying a popcorn machine that pops with hot oil, a kettle will be included. The best material for the kettle is anodized aluminum. The size you get will be determined by how much popcorn you want to pop. For less than 85 quarts per hour, a 4 ounce kettle would be fine. 127 to 170 quarts per hour needs an 8 ounce kettle.
6. Old maid drawer. Especially in the oil popcorn machines, you will often find an old maid drawer. These drawers are covered with perforated trays, where un-popped kernels fall through and do not get mixed in with the edible popcorn.
7. Warming deck. A warming deck makes sense to keep large amounts of popcorn heated in a large popcorn machine. That is because the heat rises and warms all the popcorn.
8. Tempered glass panels. If you choose one of the large squared-off popcorn machines, look for tempered glass panels. They will not only look nice in your home, but they will also be durable and resistant to the heat of the popper.
9. Ease of maintenance. A good popcorn machine will need little maintenance besides adequate cleaning. If you get a popper with a kettle, this part will need to be wiped with a damp cloth when you finish using it for the day. Any stainless steel trays can be removed and cleaned, and the glass can be cleaned with a glass solution.
In all these ways, you can judge whether a popcorn machine is right for you. Take the time to research the individual products to find out what will work best in your home or business.
For purchasing information visit Bargains Delivered Popcorn Machines or HouseholdsDelivered.com