Using a baby wrap carrier can really make life easier. It reduces baby's crying, allows you to get things done, and allows you to bond even more with your baby. Here are 7 tips for buying one. . .
- Maximum weight load - look for a baby wrap carrier that can be used for a long time with your baby. Ideally the one you purchases should allow you to use it when baby is a newborn all the way up to a toddler. Look for one that has a maximum recommended weight of up to 40 pounds.
- Comfortable for baby and mom or dad - one of the main reasons that people love the baby carrier wrap style is that it makes it easy to hold baby, and the more they are held the more content they are and the less they cry. As a result you will probably wear your carrier a fair bit so you want one that is comfortable for you and your baby. The one that you use should be designed to distribute weight across the shoulders and back for parent's comfort.
- Easy to use when breastfeeding your baby - if you breastfeed your baby look for a baby wrap carrier that allows you to easily breastfeed anywhere. It should allow you to confidently feed your baby knowing that the wrap is providing you and your child with privacy. The one that you use should have a generous amount of fabric in the “hammock" where the baby is held so that it is very easy to breastfeed on both sides just by moving baby from one side to another without having to take baby out of the wrap.
- Buy a carrier that has multiple positions for the baby - when you want to get things done around the house you will want your carrier to allow you to face baby outwards so that he or she can see what is going on. Other times when you want baby to ‘settle down’ you'll want the flexibility to change baby's position so that he or she is snug up against you.
- Hands free - make sure that the one you use is really hands free. It should be easily adjusted and that the upper and lower edges can be independently tightened, so that you really are able to get things done, and keep baby comfortable at the same time.
- Small and Compact - you will want to be able to take it with when you are on the go. You'll want one that can be stored in a purse or handbag. Look for one that can easily be folded and stored in your bag or in a stroller pocket.
- Maximum benefit - the first time you use a baby wrap carrier you may not be aware of all its flexibility. Make sure that the one you buy comes with a clear set of instructions - or even better with an instruction DVD.
A baby wrap carrier that meets all seven of these points is the Heart to Heart (Heart2Heart or Heart 2 Heart).
Article may be reprinted only if the following links accompany the article. Baby Travel Planet sells Heart to Heart (Heart2Heart or Heart 2 Heart) baby wrap carrier to customers in Canada and USA!
FREE ebook Baby Travel Tips and Advise