Plan Your Move
The moving process should be started early because that's not something that happens overnight. This process takes a lot of planning and sometimes is quite time consuming. The moving expetience doesn't only mean that you move your belongings from one place to anotherm it means starting a life in a new place.
Below you'll find a list of things to do in the three weeks before the date you have chosen to make the move, these are just highlights of things that are omportant:
Three Weeks Before Your Move
- You will be amased at the amount of items you can pack when moving. So, since more items mean more money, holding a garage sale or makeing a donation to charty might be a wise thing to do.
- Make a list of everything you are bringing to your new home. Even though many moving companies take an inventory of all your belongings you are transporting, it is a great idea to keep your own list in order to make a smooth transition from your old home to your new home.
- Many moving companies create an inventory of all your goods but even though you might want to create your own in order make sure that the transition will be an easy one.
- For insurance purposes, check the value of your belongings.
- Make sure family and friends know about your move and your new address. Fill a change of adress form.
- Tell the IRS about the change of address.
- In case you are moving in another state, learn about insurance and auto licensing.
- Your kids records should be transferred to their new schools so notifi the schools. - If you will travel by aiplane make the reservations.
Two Weeks Before Your Move
- Do you have loaned items? Now it's time to start collecting them.
- The gas and other utilities should be disconnected so make the arrangements.
- The major appliances should preppared for the move.
- If you have delivery subscriptions you should cancel them or have them transferred to the new address.
One Week Before Your Move
- Throw away all the flammables.
- Make a list of what you'll be carring in your car or plane.
- Remove the installed items that you'll need in your new home.
- You'll need clothes and toiletries the first day in your nwe home so pack suitcase containing them.
- Mark a box “Do Not Move" and pack in it the essentials for the first days.
There are a few last things that you'll need to do on the last day before your move. You should make sure that your refrigerator has at least 24 hours to air dry so empty, defrost and clean it first, then leave it to air dry. Take down your curtains and curtain rods. If you have children or pets make the arrangements for somebody to watch them.
That's it, if you do at least that much planning everything should be easy, time to get organized in your new home.
http://www.quotesathome.com a great directory for moving quotes, full service moving companies, full service movers, local movers, long distance movers in states like New York, California, Florida, Texas, Illinois and many more . . .