Far away job opportunities, educational choices or simply the urge for families to travel make family reunions even more important today than ever before. A family reunion is about keeping in touch with brothers and sisters, meeting and getting to know new family members, and for kids to spend quality time with their grandparents, aunties and uncles that they may not see very often.
When families see little of one another, family reunion games and activities become an important ice breaker to bring people together and promote conversation. By getting everyone involved in family reunion games, you can help make connections and have fun at the same time. The important thing is to arrange family games and activities that will keep everyone involved from grandparents to the grandkids. A favorite family reunion idea that brings all ages together is a family Jigsaw Puzzle - even better is a jigsaw puzzle that is custom made for your family and personalized with a picture of family members.
Today, custom made picture puzzles are low cost to order, come in a variety of sizes and piece counts and can be made from almost any photo or artwork. Turn your favorite photo of the family into a fun and challenging Jigsaw Puzzle that everyone can enjoy. Take this a stage further by selecting multiple photos and having a professional photo collage layout created and turned into a puzzle. This makes a great talking point and centre of attention on the coffee table and a great keepsake after the reunion is over.
Here are 5 other great family reunion ideas on how to use personalized jigsaw puzzles and photo collage puzzles as family reunion games at your next event.
1. Send out small 9 or 24 piece postcard puzzles as family reunion invitations. This is a novel and unique way to announce your family reunion to family members and something that they are not likely to forget. These postcard puzzles can be personalized for each family member and give details of the reunion location and date.
2. Give puzzle pieces in advance to all family members with the instructions to bring these with them and complete “their piece of the puzzle". This is symbolic of bringing the family together and a great way of saying the family is not complete without them. (tip: it's a good idea to have a second duplicate puzzle ready just in case some of the pieces are lost) .
3. Have a photo collage layout made-up in the design of a family tree showing each family member and their place within the tree. Everyone who comes to the reunion can see how they “fit" into the family puzzle. You can have a large 1000 piece puzzle made for the family to work on during the reunion and have smaller individual puzzles for each family member to take away as a keepsake of the event.
4. Have a small 8x10in puzzle made-up from a photo of each family member or family groups and give these out at random. The first person to make their puzzle and identify the family member wins a prize. This is a great activity to get people talking and one that any age can participate in.
5. Have a photo collage puzzle made up after the event based on photos of the family and activities at the reunion. A copy of this can then be sent out to each family as a memento or keepsake of the event.
Any of these family reunion ideas and activities will help bring your family together and most importantly get people talking. After all, that's what reunions are all about and personalized puzzles provide a great, non intrusive activity that the whole family can participate in and enjoy.
Colin Southwell is the owner of Jigsaw2order.com. Looking for Family Reunion Ideas ? We specialize in the production of top quality Jigsaw Puzzles and the design of unique Family Reunion Photo Collage Puzzles .